::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 11!

Status
Not open for further replies.
We had storm come ripping through our area last night. We needed the rain, but the internet here was down for eight or nine hours. Has anyone thought how important internet access has become in our lives. It's a little scarey actually.

OK, anyhow time to get on with the day. Later!

Good night all. No time to hang out and post. Have to wake up early and get to the airport to head over to Oahu . . . I still have some vacationing to do. I'm supposed to play at the ukefest like Damon, but I haven't practiced at all since I've been here. Maybe I'll take the strings off and do some air ukulele. Had another really cool night hanging out with some folks. I'll leave you with this pic.

Gary.jpg

Aldrine, Ginormous me, Aaron Nakamura, Kyle Furushiya and lil James

(can someone make this bigger for the folks on smartphones please? Thank you.)

Hey Gary, next time, don't hide in the back. :rotfl:

Last edited:
oh! my other fun story of the day is that we were doing warm-up scales in my singing lesson today, and there were a couple that felt kind of high, but not horrible. Then my teacher was like, "Just for the record, you just C6 and were kind of whatevs about it." I was like HELLS YEAH.

Today is actually "reunion day", here at Elaine's family reunion. It's always been the third Thursday in July for some reason. a tradition that goes back thirty years or more. People show up days early; some of them on the Saturday or Sunday before, and hang out and have fun.

But reunion day is special, with catered food and a tradition picture-taking ritual (read that as chaotic mayhem with cameras; too much fun). There will be a formal family meeting for the adults, and plenty of play time for the kids. The family tree will be updated to reflect recent births, deaths and marriages, and the family contact list of addresses, phone numbers and e-mail addresses will be ammended.

Tomorrow Elaine and I will drive about 5 hours to Winston/Salem, NC to the annual International Jugglers Association festival. We will hook up with friends who are already there (and have been all week) for dinner and the evening's stage show, which is the grand finale for the festival. I'm looking forward to it!

So. What have I missed around here?

Hello from Kill Devil Hills, NC!! I'm at the family reumion in the OBX, and I'm having a great time here at the beach. We've been so busy that this has been my first opportunity to get online. I don't know how I'm ever going to catch up, but I'll try when I get home. For now I'm going back three or four pages and just getting caught up on the current gab....

Yay, we have a Don sighting.

Today is actually "reunion day", here at Elaine's family reunion. It's always been the third Thursday in July for some reason. a tradition that goes back thirty years or more. People show up days early; some of them on the Saturday or Sunday before, and hang out and have fun.

But reunion day is special, with catered food and a tradition picture-taking ritual (read that as chaotic mayhem with cameras; too much fun). There will be a formal family meeting for the adults, and plenty of play time for the kids. The family tree will be updated to reflect recent births, deaths and marriages, and the family contact list of addresses, phone numbers and e-mail addresses will be ammended.

Tomorrow Elaine and I will drive about 5 hours to Winston/Salem, NC to the annual International Jugglers Association festival. We will hook up with friends who are already there (and have been all week) for dinner and the evening's stage show, which is the grand finale for the festival. I'm looking forward to it!

So. What have I missed around here?

I always loved family reunions, but it was never a tradition in my family. I have always in the back of my mind, figured once my kids were all, or at lest mostly, moved out, we would try and start doing it yearly.

I always loved family reunions, but it was never a tradition in my family. I have always in the back of my mind, figured once my kids were all, or at lest mostly, moved out, we would try and start doing it yearly.

My family never did reunions. My first experience with them was with Elaine's family. Theirs is held every even-nuimbered year....

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (1 members and 0 guests)
Skitzic

WTF? 11 am on the east coast and it's just me?

This is a sad, sad day in Poho-dom.

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (1 members and 0 guests)
Skitzic

WTF? 11 am on the east coast and it's just me?

This is a sad, sad day in Poho-dom.

I would keep you company, but I'm getting ready to go walking. (Got to get my steps in. :) )

Just thought I'd check in.
Did I lose count of days again? Is this a weekend?

Just thought I'd check in.
Did I lose count of days again? Is this a weekend?

The days of the week make almost no difference to me. Friday stands out because that's my day off from teaching and that's when we have band rehearsal. The other days of the week, my teaching schedule changes from month to month. In the summer, I teach a lot less, and sometimes I have more gigs. Last summer, I did a play, which occupied most of my July and August.

I have no idea where I'm going with this post.

Good morning!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom