Look at its beautiful eyes

Voran

Reaction score
Brandt's cormorant.

The concept of gratitude normally makes me want to dump a bucket of piss over someone's head but I must confess I feel privileged to be born on a planet where these exist

419554912_342999628672059_7324428565178638173_n.jpg

I'd hate to wake up next to those "beautiful eyes" staring at me from atop my chest.

Poooooo toooo yoooooou I like the elegant bird with the blue eyes
Coming from you, I take this as a compliment. I actually like your capture of the "topaz" (?) colored eyes. I always thought they were black. Are they reflecting the sky?

Here is a Black-crowned night heron with a golden (?) eye;

Attachments

• Black-crowned night heron.jpg
    Black-crowned night heron.jpg
    117 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Coming from you, I take this as a compliment. I actually like your capture of the "topaz" (?) colored eyes. I always thought they were black. Are they reflecting the sky?
It's not my photo I found it on google images.

That particular cormorant species genuinely has blue eyes.

There should be a breeding program. The world needs more cormorants with glittering blue eyes

PeeWee - had her for 32 years, she wasn't very happy so I sent her & Limpo (her roommate) to a Sanctuary. A few months later, we got a call that Limpo passed away, turned out she had a heart issue. The weird thing is, the day before, a lady found a yellow naped amazon sitting on her beach chair. Tried finding the owner, couldn't so took him to the sanctuary. He was put in Limpo's cage next to PeeWee & eventually, they became a bonded pair. He was named him Larry Bird, and the sanctuary sends us photos to keep us up to date.

Used to bring her to our ukulele jams & she loved singing along with the group.

1710040410467.jpeg

Last edited:
PeeWee - had her for 32 years, she wasn't very happy so I sent her & Limpo (her roommate) to a Sanctuary. A few months later, we got a call that Limpo passed away, turned out she had a heart issue. The weird thing is, the day before, a lady found a yellow naped amazon sitting on her beach chair. Tried finding the owner, couldn't so took him to the sanctuary. He was put in Limpo's cage next to PeeWee & eventually, they became a bonded pair. He was named him Larry Bird, and the sanctuary sends us photos to keep us up to date.

View attachment 168153
What a beautiful cutie pie!

Top Bottom