Mele Mahogany Concert

So something I didn’t expect is happening. I’m beginning to get back into playing bass after almost a 20 year hiatus. I have my eye on a certain acoustic bass and I have too many ukuleles. I don’t have pics yet but I’ll list what is for sale and can provide pics on request until I get the time to get some pictures of all of them.

Mele solid mahogany concert
Current model excellent condition $200 shipped

Kala SMHS soprano
Excellent condition. (Surp$150 shipped

early 70’s Kamaka concert white label
Curly koa and in very good condition
This one I’m still on the fence about selling because it sounds incredible and has gorgeous koa. Make me an offer I can’t refuse otherwise I might hang onto this one.

Martin OXK soprano
Good condition, not perfect, I bought it very used but there is nothing wrong with it
$150 shipped
My dude feel free to sell the ukes but pump the brakes on the acoustic bass, it has been 20 years.

My first real Uke was a Mele mahogany tenor, a gift from my wife, 25 yrs ago. It is what started my avocation to ukes.

What makes it stand out for me is that its intonation (and tone) was spot on and I found I could work out what to me at the time was "serious" music. For a $500 solid wood uke then, it was no joke, but way less expensive than the K's... it absolutely held its own in comparison.
This looks like a real deal!
GLWS

My first real Uke was a Mele mahogany tenor, a gift from my wife, 25 yrs ago. It is what started my avocation to ukes.

What makes it stand out for me is that its intonation (and tone) was spot on and I found I could work out what to me at the time was "serious" music. For a $500 solid wood uke then, it was no joke, but way less expensive than the K's... it absolutely held its own in comparison.
This looks like a real deal!
GLWS
Thanks! Yeah Mele makes a good uke. I’d say a step above a similarly built Ohana.

Top Bottom