Name that movie QUOTE thread

None of the dialog sounds familiar to me. Most likely a movie I didn't see or hear about. I know that I could do a search but I will wait to see if anything rings a bell.

The last one was the first line. Here's the last one (or very close to it).
We've been through a lot lately, that's for sure. But we still love our girl. She has great new friends, a great new house. Things couldn't be better. After all, Riley's twelve now. What could happen?

We're 48 hours in, so one last non-quote hint: This is one of the best Pixar movies.

I don't think more hints will help: if you don't recognize it from the lines already quoted you probably haven't seen it. If nobody comes up with it in an hour or two I'll post the trailer.

For whatever reason I didn't connect at all with Inside Out. I see it on a lot of the best of Pixar movie lists but it would be in the bottom half of mine. I think my favorites are The Incredibles, Ratatouille, one or more of the Toy Story movies and Finding Nemo.

For whatever reason I didn't connect at all with Inside Out. I see it on a lot of the best of Pixar movie lists but it would be in the bottom half of mine. I think my favorites are The Incredibles, Ratatouille, one or more of the Toy Story movies and Finding Nemo.
I feel the same. After not enjoying it the first time around, I tried again. Still not a fan. Many of the short films are superb.

The Incredibles is also by far the best Fantastic Four movie out there. Currently that's a low bar, but if Marvel's upcoming one comes close it'll be ... err... Fantastic!
I thought the whole tone, feel, look and sound of The Incredibles was spot on. I thought it was brilliant.

I totally agree with your observation about it being "the best Fantastic Four" movie out there. I remember reading the FF comics as a kid but the movies have been pretty disappointing. The source material is rich so it seems that they could do a much better job with it.

Last edited:
Love The Incredibles, but I actually prefer Finding Dory to Finding Nemo. And we really enjoyed Turning Red, but that is probably not for everyone. We also love Wall-E and Up!, and yup the Toy Story movies are great. The shorts are excellent - we borrowed the Pixar Shorts collection from the library, and really enjoyed that.

Good one Arcy. I would have never guessed it as I am not familiar with it. When my Grandkids were young we use to watch Pixar movies with them. Not familiar with a lot of them. Onward and Upward. :)

Top Bottom