NEW KAMAKA UKE DAY!! Concert long-neck

Forgive me Father for I covet another man's uke. She's a beauty. Enjoy it.

I was wondering why the uke was even cooler than a normal Kamaka, and it's the ebony headplate that is making me do a double take. Very very nice. Can't wait to see it in action!

Haha yeah, I love the sail of the concert uke because it is so unique :) Adding the ebony plate just makes it that much more AWESOME!

Howzit brah,
Congrats ...on man ...you makin' me jealous..Happy Strummings.. Have fun and enjoy...lookin' sweet..

That is drop dead gorgeous!! Congratulations - you'll have difficulty putting it down to go to bed!!

Roberta

That is some stunning Koa wood!! She is a true beauty and I bet it sounds real sweet too!!!
Congratulations!!!

That is some stunning Koa wood!! She is a true beauty and I bet it sounds real sweet too!!!
Congratulations!!!

Yes, it is beautiful, even better looking in person :) She sounds sweet, but I have to change the strings and play her more to open her up ;)

Ahhh another beautiful Kamaka ukulele!! Stunning!!
Congratulations

NICE one Bra'

Nice Kamaka dude! Just curious though, how come you chose a long neck concert as opposed to a tenor?

Forgive me for jumping in here, but I had to make the same choice a week ago. I played a Kamaka tenor, then played the long-neck concert and thought it sounded just as lovely as the tenor. The clincher was the wood. While the tenor's wood was plain, the long-neck concert's was flamed koa throughout, just like Kamaka_4_Life's.

Nice Kamaka dude! Just curious though, how come you chose a long neck concert as opposed to a tenor?

LOL Gillian pretty much answered your question, however to add to that, I wanted something that looked, sounded, felt, and played differently. I've had my tenor kamaka for almost 5 years, and I didn't want to purchase another one that's why I decided on the concert. I actually like the sound almost as much as the tenor, and the comfort of holding and playing it is wonderful. I'm a big guy, but the tenor feels a little less comfortable when I play opposed to the concert. I just have to keep playing this new uke to let it open up and sound amazing as the years go by :) thanks guy for all the wonderful comments, and i'll post a vid soon. I recorded one last night, but the sound was really loud and distorted so i'll re-do it again soon!!

Top Bottom