NGD: Yamaha FSX800C

Olmeck

Reaction score
I made the jump to guitar! I purchased this on April 17th after playing it at my lesson on April 15th. I got it for a fantastic deal! I bought it at where I take lessons brand new for $300 after taxes thanks to the discounts they gave me. The best deals I saw used were around $249 prior to shipping and fees/taxes (which put most used around $300 also). Also happy my last instrument purchase was in February of 2023 so I think I’m done with ukes (and maybe should even sell one to get down to 3 total).

I tried a dreadnaught the week before but really disliked the size.

I went with a Yamaha after talking with my instructor about a higher end dealer near where I live. He said Yamahas are well made and a great value. You are basically paying for the name for comparable guitars. I tend to agree with him. I’ve learned from playing my uke that a high end instrument isn’t going to make me play better (only practice can do that). I’ve also learned I don’t play with my eyes even though there are some pretty looking instruments out there!

Anyway it plays fantastic and even he agreed that it’s setup nice and sounds great when he gave it a play!

Attachments

• IMG_0414.jpeg
    IMG_0414.jpeg
    74.9 KB · Views: 15
Very nice!

I am a big Yamaha fan, also. I love my Yamaha flamenco, and I have been a fan of Yamaha drums, both acoustic and electronic.

I had a Yamaha dreadnought briefly years ago, but passed it onto a friend. It sounded great, but was too big for me. A full size flamenco or classical is my limit. And I wouldn’t mind a bit smaller if I could get the full size fingerboard too.

Congratulations! I am down to one Uke at the moment.

Keep us posted on your guitar progress!

Very nice!

I am a big Yamaha fan, also. I love my Yamaha flamenco, and I have been a fan of Yamaha drums, both acoustic and electronic.

I had a Yamaha dreadnought briefly years ago, but passed it onto a friend. It sounded great, but was too big for me. A full size flamenco or classical is my limit. And I wouldn’t mind a bit smaller if I could get the full size fingerboard too.

Congratulations! I am down to one Uke at the moment.

Keep us posted on your guitar progress!
Thanks! I also wasn’t a fan of the dreadnought I tried the week prior which is why I went with this auditorium size instead.

Congratulations, Yahama make great instruments and yours looks like a beauty

Top Bottom