Okay, don't laugh, but I'm really celebrating this little victory!

I blame Mike Lynch for me coming to terms early with the Bb chord - the man seems to play every other song in F... I am only just into my second month of playing, but I don't recall finding E that difficult. Mike Lynch uses a barre D most of the time, and if you just slide it up, it becomes E. By the way - I am really chuffed for you. Avoiding the B chord and also barre chords held me back for years on the guitar.

Last edited:
I blame Mike Lynch for me coming to terms early with the Bb chord - the man seems to play every other song in F... I am only just into my second month of playing, but I don't recall finding E that difficult. Mike Lynch uses a barre D most of the time, and if you just slide it up, it becomes E. By the way - I am really chuffed for you. Avoiding the B chord and also barre chords held me back for years on the guitar.

You only have been playing for a two months. Baaaa. I am coming up to a year. I don't think I can do it. My fingers don't bend. I have old stiff hands. I try. I practice. I can do the first fret and the second fret but that third fret g string ain't happening. If I bar the whole first fret my finger comes up at the a and e chords. Baaaaaaa I try and try. I just don't strum the g string and call it a b flat. I keep working on it though.

Last edited:
Good on you! I've been playing about 6 weeks. Make that learning for 6 weeks. No prob with Bb, but I can't do D7 right. I have to use my ring finger on the 3rd fret A string rather than the middle finger. Age 72 has some limitations for some of us.

Top Bottom