On my 1st Bender!

TheDudeAbides

Reaction score
This was the most stressful part of the build thus far.

But it bent, and I didn't hear any wood cracking either! Definitely need some shorter/stronger springs next time though, no way those things were holding the ends down on their own.

Anyway, just thought I'd share what will hopefully by my 1st, and thus far only,bend. Fingers crossed for when I pop this out tomorrow morning!

PXL_20220814_041913549_copy_1612x1209.jpg

Fingers crossed for when I pop this out tomorrow morning!

View attachment 142558

Don't be surprised if you see the dreaded SPRINGBACK as the wood tries to go back to its original shape. A way to minimize this is to let everything cool down then heat the wood back up while still in the mold. Also of course it depends on the type wood and how thick it is.

Don't be surprised if you see the dreaded SPRINGBACK as the wood tries to go back to its original shape. A way to minimize this is to let everything cool down then heat the wood back up while still in the mold. Also of course it depends on the type wood and how thick it is.
Couple hours too late!

Would've plugged it back in this morning if I had seen this. Though the spring back wasn't too bad, can push it into shape with just light hand pressure.

Top Bottom