Please help - comparable soprano trade for Pono PCO (similar to mohagony deluxe)

trsarah

Reaction score
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://m.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3DRnTsPpSEYNU&ved=0CCEQtwIwAGoVChMIz6TxgfLnyAIVATM-Ch3iiwdN&usg=AFQjCNH3M6BTDuIkIw91IL-AimgWJqsCHg

Please help a uke-loving newbie. After receiving a free "toy" uke and realizing I loved it several months ago, I came here and decided I wanted a solid wood uke. I was going to look for a Mainland soprano, but a FS came up for a concert solid Mohagony Pono PCO for 200 including hard case. It has a glossy finish and is in lovely shape, just a couple of small nicks on the very top of the head. One of the active forum guys (who seems like a great guy) posted that someone should get on this deal ASAP, so I did, even though I had never tried a concert.

It is a beautiful uke and sounds warm and nice. I called Ko'olau (the seller) to ask about it, because I couldn't find much info about the model. They said it was from 2009ish and is "absolutely comparable" to the deluxe mahogany series and that I got it for "a crazy deal." He recommended O'hai (sp?) strings and I bought them last week. I also had a strap peg installed by a guitar tech.

So....what's the prob? Not sure I like concert-sized. I am a fairly petite woman. I bought a Makala Waterman for around the house with my baby and it just feels easier.

I am thinking about looking for a trade for a soprano. Could someone recommend some comparable trade possibilities? Was thinking maybe Mainland or Ohana. I feel like a Mainland mohagony would be a bit of a trade down, maybe, but not the other models? Or should I just hold onto it and buy another, because market value won't correlate to its quality?

Ideas? I am out and about but am including an old review from youtube of the model. I would love some advice! Am including an old review I found about the model. If people need pics I can include some later.

I have the MCD-E and love it. If keeping it is not an option, why not try and trade for a Pono MSD or comparable model, with case, in the UU Marketplace?

Hi, Phil! You were the kind soul who advised me about the deal, btw. Thank you! :)

Ha. Brilliant. I guess I wondered why someone would do that, but perhaps someone is in my same boat with the concert vs soprano, only reverse! I will try!
Sarah

Top Bottom