Post a link to your first video!!

Here's my first video with my brother...

My first (and most ambitious) ukulele video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4oPLmAgp0tE

This was done for the Reggae Contest, and since I had been playing ukulele only 2 months, I had a lot of false starts and redos. Had to transpose the whole thing when I realized it was not the best key for my husband to sing (even though I thought we tested that ahead of time). So, I ended up relearning the whole thing in a new key. It gets a little wacky here and there, and I know the beat is inconsistent, but I still like it, and we had fun making it.

–Lori

I'm still in the process of working up the courage to post a video :D

I'm still in the process of working up the courage to post a video :D

When I started hanging out here 2 months ago...I would have told you there was no way in hell I was ever going to post a YT video. I was doing this for personal enjoyment, why would I want to put myself out there like that.

But, after you hang out here a while and get to meet people, you then start to have the desire to share your progress with your UU friends. And you also start to realize how encouraging everyone on here is. Pretty soon, the fear of posting your first video is gone and you can't wait to get something up. And that's how you get better...the more songs you learn, the more skill sets you work on for each different tune.

So...take a deep breath...and go make a video. I can't wait to see it. :shaka:

My first (and most ambitious) ukulele video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4oPLmAgp0tE

This was done for the Reggae Contest, and since I had been playing ukulele only 2 months, I had a lot of false starts and redos. Had to transpose the whole thing when I realized it was not the best key for my husband to sing (even though I thought we tested that ahead of time). So, I ended up relearning the whole thing in a new key. It gets a little wacky here and there, and I know the beat is inconsistent, but I still like it, and we had fun making it.

–Lori

Your video totally made me smile. Thanks. It was way cool.

Top Bottom