Rebel Factory Tour Location

merlin666

Reaction score
I have a uke friend who is travelling in Thailand now and I suggested she visit the Rebel Factory for a tour and maybe pick up a mango uke for local price. However finding the place using Google is a challenge. With some investigation I figured out that the address is shared with the Baan Uke store as follows :

75/7 Wat Sophonaram Road, Khok Kham Subdistrict, Mueang Samut Sakhon District, Samut Sakhon 74000

However, finding this on a map to give directions is another challenge. The place that I eventually found does not look inviting at all and there is no sign that a store or musical business may be located there. I took a picture from street view. Can someone here please confirm that this is the right place before I send her on a long trip to nowhere.

rebel baan-01.jpeg

Do they advertise that factory tours are available? If yes, you should be able to contact the factory for detailed instructions. If they do not advertise that the factory is open to the public, then it probably is not. I am guessing that most ukulele factories are not open to the public.

Do they advertise that factory tours are available? If yes, you should be able to contact the factory for detailed instructions. If they do not advertise that the factory is open to the public, then it probably is not. I am guessing that most ukulele factories are not open to the public.
She will call and ask if and when a tour can be arranged. There is also supposed to be the big Baan store where pictures suggest an impressive show room, but there is no sign or storefront visible.

I was just in Bangkok recently. They have since closed their store. If you want to go to the factory it is possible. They are also the owners or Baanukulele. I contacted them and their location is quiet far out of Bangkok city. I decided not to go as the journey would probably take an hour each way considering traffic conditions in Bangkok.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/13%C2%B034'08.6%22N+100%C2%B018'36.0%22E/@13.5690556,100.31,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m5!3m4!1s0x0:0x6d4a1a3ac5c2c6d6!8m2!3d13.5690621!4d100.3099974

Here is the location given to me by them. i think the place you found is correct. If you don’t want to trouble your friend you can have them send the uke to your hotel. They used to ship free domestic. They might even hand deliver it. I am not sure if it is still the same. I have had friends visiting Bangkok that decided not to go to the factory as well due to the distance. Bangkok has many motorbike riders that ‘work’ as your personal transport. It’s quite common to see people hitching a ride on the back of their bikes with no helmets for a very small sum. so I am not surprise if they can get someone to send the uke to you as well On the same day. The Thais are very friendly and gentle people. Even their language is so gentle when they speak it. It is quite safe to move around in Bangkok, especially in the day. They are also very used to seeing foreigners as tourism is a big part of their industry.

Last edited:
There is another ukulele store in the city called Kumabee. It’s in a mall in an area with a lot of Japanese shops. It’s quite small with not many high end stuff. I didn’t see any rebel ukes in it. They did have a display full of vintage and high end Kamakas but not all were for sale.

KUMABEE Ukulele Paradise
+66 96 234 6088

https://www.google.com/maps/place/13%C2%B034'08.6%22N+100%C2%B018'36.0%22E/@13.5690556,100.31,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m5!3m4!1s0x0:0x6d4a1a3ac5c2c6d6!8m2!3d13.5690621!4d100.3099974

Here is the location given to me by them. i think the place you found is correct. If you don’t want to trouble your friend you can have them send the uke to your hotel. They used to ship free domestic. They might even hand deliver it. I am not sure if it is still the same. I have had friends visiting Bangkok that decided not to go to the factory as well due to the distance. Bangkok has many motorbike riders that ‘work’ as your personal transport. It’s quite common to see people hitching a ride on the back of their bikes with no helmets for a very small sum. so I am not surprise if they can get someone to send the uke to you as well On the same day. The Thais are very friendly and gentle people. Even their language is so gentle when they speak it. It is quite safe to move around in Bangkok, especially in the day. They are also very used to seeing foreigners as tourism is a big part of their industry.
Thank you. That is the location that I found. It seems to be located about half way between Bhan Khom train station at one end of the road and a bus stop at the other end, with walking distance of 17 min between the station and bus stop. That seems quite reasonable. Though I don't know how many connections on train. I found the train system in Bangkok very efficient, though a bit crowded in times.

Thank you. That is the location that I found. It seems to be located about half way between Bhan Khom train station at one end of the road and a bus stop at the other end, with walking distance of 17 min between the station and bus stop. That seems quite reasonable. Though I don't know how many connections on train. I found the train system in Bangkok very efficient, though a bit crowded in times.
I won’t walk under the hot sun in Bangkok now. It’s searing hot. in the 90s

Top Bottom