Season 613 - Too Old To Die Young Now

I didn't leave myself enough time to figure out the chords to "Waters Part" by Let's Active, one of my favorite songs of the '80s (Mitch Easter - Nov. 15). So instead here's a 1999 song by the band Travis (Douglas Payne, Nov. 14).

I did this this afternoon, then forgot to post because the thumbnail wasn't ready yet, and I forgot to come back and do it!

Duane Allman, founder of The Allman Brothers Band, wound up on the wrong end of a motorcycle in 1971, weeks before his 25th birthday. Today would have been his 77th.

Thanks for indulging me, Jim, in celebrating this talented Nov 20 #BirthdayArtistOfTheDay, on the 20th here in Oz.

This song is about loving women and leaving them ... but I can relate to being a rambling person for different reasons.

I'm just Thornton Ruling all over the place, including the song limit. To be fair, this isn't a Wendy entry, it's a Uke Yanks entry.

Dr John would be 82 today, Nov 20, and he had a minor hit in 1972 with "Iko Iko", which was written in 1953 by James "Sugar Boy" Crawford.

We recorded it, had some dinner, and after dinner Bonnie remembered she meant to do it on the banjo uke, so we did it again with that. By then I had already uploaded the first video to YouTube, so, yeah, sorry - you get both.

Also, when we came back out to the patio after dinner, this happened:

What a great season! I ran out of gas and missed it. I had a nice little instrumental from Leopold Mozart, but it didn’t come together fast enough. Maybe I will put it on the island later. Thanks for hosting Jim!

Well, that's it folks. Thanks for everyone who participated and I'll do some analizing and try for a wrap at least 1/4 as good as Christopher's, but that won't be easy.
Right now I'm off to figure out some songs to play for Andy's "Music Is Crazy" Season 614.

Top Bottom