Closed Topic Board request Locate UKE groups Region ie State, Area

Linnaea

Reaction score
If we could have a topic Board so we can Locate UKE groups to play together ... jam... socialize. Country, Region ie State, town, Area...

If only.
I'm in NEPA
POCONO /SCRANTON NORTHEAST PA

Last edited:
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
If we could have a topic Board so we can Locate UKE groups to play together ... jam... socialize. Country, Region ie State, town, Area...

If only.
I'm in NEPA
Check out the existing regional get togethers board. There are threads there both about one-off get-togethers and repeat events

Check out the existing regional get togethers board. There are threads there both about one-off get-togethers and repeat events

Yeah I checked it out.. nothing. It's kind of random. Had hoped something permanent broken down by state permanently. It's all good no worries I'll find a source somehow.

Yeah I checked it out.. nothing. It's kind of random. Had hoped something permanent broken down by state permanently. It's all good no worries I'll find a source somehow.
The challenge with that, though, is maintaining it - groups come and go. I understand what you're hoping for, but it is pretty challenging to manage. If you want to set up a thread and get something like that started, and others can add to it, that would be great. You'll see there are a couple of luthier link lists that have been done in the past - again, no one is maintaining them, so not all of the links are valid any longer. This would be the same issue. But there's no reason not to create something for others to build on.

OP: I don't quite understand.

Have you posted in that forum:

I'm in NEPA

...with an explanation that you are looking for ukulele groups in that area?

A general forum on this in place of or in addition to the Regional Get Togethers would be of little or no interest to many members since almost all the entries are not geographically accessible and they could currently just ask for their places of interest.

OP: I don't quite understand.

Have you posted in that forum:

I'm in NEPA

...with an explanation that you are looking for ukulele groups in that area?

A general forum on this in place of or in addition to the Regional Get Togethers would be of little or no interest to many members since almost all the entries are not geographically accessible and they could currently just ask for their places of

I posted just now in search of people in my area. Initially I wanted to make sure that there wasn't something like this broken down and outlined or something we can request. So for now just putting g feelers out there for people in my area.

I think that there should be a new sticky post in that sub forum titled “How to find ukulele groups near you”

• internet search key words example “ukulele group yourtownname”
  • subsets of internet communities examples Meet-Up, Facebook, etc
  • master lists available on some sites examples Gotaukulele, MagicFluke, etc
  • community centres and seniors centres
  • asking at music stores and music schools
  • search earlier posts on the sub forum

And perhaps another sticky post for groups that are open to remote participation via zoom etc

Cheers

Last edited:
I think that there should be a new sticky post in that sub forum titled “How to find ukulele groups near you”

• internet search key words example “ukulele group yourtownname”
  • subsets of internet communities examples Meet-Up, Facebook, etc
  • master lists available on some sites examples Gotaukulele, MagicFluke, etc
  • community centres and seniors centres
  • asking at music stores and music schools
  • search earlier posts on the sub forum

And perhaps another sticky post for groups that are open to remote participation via zoom etc

Cheers
Yes I an a master at searches but nothing. On here I met someone a half hour away and they have been searching apx a year. Maybe we just make our own group in my neck of the woods ... so going for more people here to ve in my area. You never know.

Top Bottom