Ubass and percussion

Kimosabe

Reaction score
This is ubass not ukulele. What I like about both tenors, baritones and ubasses is their sizes.
I asked a famous bass player why he played uke and one reason was how easy it is to carry a uke. The same goes for a ubass. Take a listen and tell me how different this ubass sounds in comparison to standard bass. Thanks.

Google Drive: Sign-in

Not only did I completely give up guitar when I started playing tenor uke because of how comfortable they are, I also went to thinline tenors and bass ukes because they're even more comfortable for me.

Michael Kohan in Los Angeles, Beverly Grove near the Beverly Center
4 tenor thinline cutaway ukes, 3 thinline acoustic bass ukes, 5 solid body bass ukes
•Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children in hospital music therapy programs. www.theukc.org
•Member Cali Rose & The CC Strummers: www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/video, www.facebook.com/TheCCStrummers

This is ubass not ukulele. What I like about both tenors, baritones and ubasses is their sizes.
I asked a famous bass player why he played uke and one reason was how easy it is to carry a uke. The same goes for a ubass. Take a listen and tell me how different this ubass sounds in comparison to standard bass. Thanks.

I still play both ukulele & guitar, and recently picked up a slightly used Gretsch short scale electric bass. Love messing around with it, and have thought of getting a ubass. There are some good deals out there in the used market. Is yours acoustic only - did you mic your recording? Or was it plugged in? Sounds pretty good!

I still play both ukulele & guitar, and recently picked up a slightly used Gretsch short scale electric bass. Love messing around with it, and have thought of getting a ubass. There are some good deals out there in the used market. Is yours acoustic only - did you mic your recording? Or was it plugged in? Sounds pretty good!
I just used an El Cheapo Kala mahogany ubass hitched to Garage Band with an Apogee Jam And then the GB combo bass setting. No screwing around, just standard settings. Maybe I went to plugins and selected jazz bass. I sometimes do that.

I have a more expensive solid body Kala Ubass but not where I am now.so I didn’t use that but Idoubt it would have made much difference in the recorded sound. I have gotten very nice sound out of an inexpensive Hadean, less than two hundred. So, long story short, get an inexpensive ubass and some kind of connector to your amp or computer. Just a guitar chord will connect an acoustic electric ubass to an amp. I love my Apogee Jam for connecting my ukes and ubasses to my computer.

I just looked up Apogee Jam and you can get my version for $99.

Thanks for saying it sounds pretty good. I’m no geek.

I haven't touched my bass guitar... except to move it out into the garage... in the four years since I started playing ukulele...

But I'm thinking about a u-bass now... maybe a cutaway Kala hollow body... I've been missing playing bass lately, and since I'm getting "good enough" on the ukulele, I think it's time...

What uke-bass would you suggest? Maybe I can talk my SO into buying me one for the holidays!

Top Bottom