UWC 2012, Ukulele World Congress

I'm surprised that I haven't seen any group shots surface yet.

Thanks to Mike for putting on such a great event and to everyone I met this weekend. You all made my first UWC amazing and I can't wait for next year already!

I recorded about 4 hours of audio from the other side of the field on Saturday and just finished editing down to 4 - one hour files. Due to the rain on my gear and other technical issues, I lost about an hour in the middle and stopped after YeahRica's set. The files are free to anyone who wants to listen or save them to a CD. (If you want to save the files, just right click and follow the prompts).

Here is the link:

http://www.ravinglunaticshow.com/downloads.html

Thanks again to everyone and see you next year!

Jeff
(hd2hvit143)

Thanks, man! I find myself checking this thread and the UWC FB page every couple of hours looking for fresh videos and images..... I just want to go back! Haven't had that much fun in a long time, just want to keep the vibe going.....

uwcgroup.jpg

Not quite everyone...

Thanks, Freeda! Love the group pic. I've seen some posted on FB, but from weird angles because they were taken from within the group.

At first I didn't think I was in that shot but then I found myself next to Colin. Why don't I remember this? :)

Had a great time last weekend. I was the only guy without a uke (though I did sneak out my guitar and play for a spell while you all were sleeping.)

Looking to purchase an inexpensive ... probably old ... soprano uke. Any suggestions? What should I avoid?

Chris

Had a great time last weekend. I was the only guy without a uke (though I did sneak out my guitar and play for a spell while you all were sleeping.)

Looking to purchase an inexpensive ... probably old ... soprano uke. Any suggestions? What should I avoid?

Chris

Glad you had a great time, Chris! Try making a new thread in the Buying Tips or Beginners section for suggestions on what you should get.

This may be the most well-documented event ever. Feels like I was there, I've seen so many great pics and videos. Thanks, guys!

Top Bottom