Why is the Mi-Si Trio Air such a great pick-up and such a lousy strap pin?!

bennyhana22

Reaction score
Both of my tenors have Mi-Si Trio Air pick-ups.

I always play with a strap - I just like to and I always will!

The external portion of the pick-up is grooved to be a strap pin.

It's sooooooo useless!

Discuss.

Ben
:)

I just position the strap, use a fender washer, and then insert the plug. If I'm not going to play electric, I plug in a 1/4" headphone adaptor to keep the strap and washer in place.

This is why I love this forum!

Thanks so much to all who replied - the Acousti-Lok is my favourite of these suggestions, I think...ordering today!

Ben
🙏

This is why I love this forum!

Thanks so much to all who replied - the Acousti-Lok is my favourite of these suggestions, I think...ordering today!

Ben
🙏
Sorry I'm late to the party. I use a Cinch-fit also. I agree that it's annoying that the Mi-Si is so unwieldy as far as attaching a strap is concerned. Grrrr!

Just a further thanks to @Kenn2018 for the recs.

Got a Music Nomad Acousti-Lok yesterday and, paired with a Schaller security lock and my lovely Steyner strap, is just perfect on my tenor.

Will be getting another one for the other 'uke. They're pricey, but a very well made bit of kit, and a total solution for the poor strap holding properties of the MiSi pick-up.

Highly recommended.

Ben
:)

I did not realize that Schaller had updated the S locks. The older designs rattled, but this redesign appears to address that. I think I'll install these on my chambered electric uke.

Learn something new every day!

I did not realize that Schaller had updated the S locks. The older designs rattled, but this redesign appears to address that. I think I'll install these on my chambered electric uke.

Learn something new every day!
I've not used them before, but they are excellent. A really positive click when engaging with the strap pin element of the Acousti-Lok, and no rattle!

Ben

Top Bottom