Securing Hardware Wires

Chase

Reaction score
Hey all. just a quick question:

I have found that my strings have a considerate buzz every once in awhile, but that it disappears just as quickly if i fiddle with the wires inside. This, (and the fact that the buzz sounds like its coming from inside the sound hole of the body), leads me to believe that the wires are vibrating against the inner body of the uke and causing the buzz.

So, Is it safe to just squeeze underneath the strings and try to tape the wire down? Is there a better way to secure the wires perhaps?

Thanks loads,
chase

I am an electronics major and would go nuts with loose wires. I would definitely tape them even if I had to take all the strings off to get to them. on a side note, did you buy the electric Uke with the pickup and whatnot installed? if that be the case, you should try to get it fixed by the manufacturer. IMO there should not be any wires loose or able to vibrate.

I am an electronics major and would go nuts with loose wires. I would definitely tape them even if I had to take all the strings off to get to them. on a side note, did you buy the electric Uke with the pickup and whatnot installed? if that be the case, you should try to get it fixed by the manufacturer. IMO there should not be any wires loose or able to vibrate.

hey thanks for the response!!! Yeah, the pickup came all installed and such, and the wires ran through a tiny clamp that parrrrtially secured them, but the big one that connects to the cable insert hole in the bottom of the uke was still hanging down quite a bit, so I taped it down as best as I could without having to take the strings off. hopefully this works for now! thanks again!

Top Bottom