Frank Ford finally rests after many years of service to the luthier community

kerneltime

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score

Frank Ford has left us and passed on. His impact and contribution to the world of stringed instruments is too large for someone like me to comment on. All that I can say is that he was an amazing human being with lots of enthusiasm and good will towards all. I loved meeting him and he was always kind and patient in explaining the ins and outs of instrument builds. He had a sharp sense humor and did not mind cracking a few jokes at his own expense.

Very sad loss to the Luthier world ...I never met him but I followed his work on the internet, and I still can via Frets.com.

Frank Ford has left us and passed on. His impact and contribution to the world of stringed instruments is too large for someone like me to comment on. All that I can say is that he was an amazing human being with lots of enthusiasm and good will towards all. I loved meeting him and he was always kind and patient in explaining the ins and outs of instrument builds. He had a sharp sense humor and did not mind cracking a few jokes at his own expense.

I had never heard of him, but that's a shame. He'll live forever on the Internet.

Sad to hear

has an amazing amount of great information

I had the pleasure of meeting Frank this year when I took a uke to Gryphon for advice on a repair. Was actually surprised that it was him the front counter called out to meet with me, figuring he was reserved for tougher or more lucrative work. He was so interesting, patient and downright fun to talk to, I could have stayed all day. And as kerneltime said, he had a dry, self deprecating sense of humor and genuine friendliness that immediately put you at ease. So glad I was able to spend time with him. My condolences to his family and coworkers.

A sad day indeed..

He left us with marvelous pictures and descriptions of instrument repairing, care and I wouldn't be the rescue person I became.

Top Bottom