New to the forum

1bad914

Reaction score
IMG_4680.jpegIMG_4679.jpegIMG_4678.jpegIMG_4677.jpegI am new to this forum. I have built many acoustic and electric guitars. Mainly acoustic. I have never built a ukulele before. I promised to build my grandchildren a uke when they each turned 10…the oldest just turned 11 yesterday. Ooops.
I started cutting and thinning a few backs and sides this week. 3 are walnut, 1 is curly maple. 3 baritone and 1 tenor.

Thx. The thing I like the most is that I can make a set of uke sides and back with orphaned or scrap wood from acoustic builds. It’s great! All of these sets are from that type of wood. Plus a decent Sitka top is very reasonable.

What is the feeling about build threads on this forum? I have done some pretty extensive guitar build threads on another forum. Not sure if they are frowned upon, over done or liked.

View attachment 164167View attachment 164168View attachment 164169View attachment 164170I am new to this forum. I have built many acoustic and electric guitars. Mainly acoustic. I have never built a ukulele before. I promised to build my grandchildren a uke when they each turned 10…the oldest just turned 11 yesterday. Ooops.
I started cutting and thinning a few backs and sides this week. 3 are walnut, 1 is curly maple. 3 baritone and 1 tenor.
Those sets are truly gorgeous. Lucky grandkids! And welcome to the forum. You’re among friends!

I usually build two instruments at once, so I will do a build thread featuring two baritone ukes. A walnut back and side and a curly maple back and side. Both will have Sitka tops.

Welcome to the Forum,

I'm a bit skeptical of that last set. Looks like you are going to be gluing end grain. Usually not a good practice.

Top Bottom