Price
Sold
Shipping
actual cost
Size
Tenor

gml

Reaction score
This is a gorgeous tenor from Scott Wise, an extremely well regarded luthier from Australia (https://scottwise.net/). It is an all master grade Australian Blackwood body with a mahogany neck, ebony fretboard (no radius), maple/blackwood/ebony rope binding, and 1 3/8" nut width. I am the second owner and I it was built around 2017. It has unbranded but very functional geared tuners. There is one raised fret marker on the side at the 5th fret. It is surprisingly light and extremely resonant with a clear, bell like and punchy sound. It is in excellent condition other than two small and shallow, very hard to photograph indentions below the bridge from a bad string change and a small nick on the neck near the body (see pics). In normal light they are almost invisible. If you'd like any other info please let me know. I'm reluctantly letting this one go because I prefer a wider neck.

Attachments

• IMG_3187.jpeg
    IMG_3187.jpeg
    156.4 KB · Views: 161
  • IMG_3188.jpeg
    IMG_3188.jpeg
    162.6 KB · Views: 159
  • IMG_3189.jpeg
    IMG_3189.jpeg
    144.8 KB · Views: 140
  • IMG_3191.jpeg
    IMG_3191.jpeg
    142.6 KB · Views: 138
  • IMG_3192.jpeg
    IMG_3192.jpeg
    104.2 KB · Views: 143
  • IMG_3193.jpeg
    IMG_3193.jpeg
    134.2 KB · Views: 140
  • IMG_3195.jpeg
    IMG_3195.jpeg
    148.3 KB · Views: 141
  • IMG_3196.jpeg
    IMG_3196.jpeg
    214.8 KB · Views: 133
  • IMG_3209.jpeg
    IMG_3209.jpeg
    180 KB · Views: 126
  • IMG_3211.jpeg
    IMG_3211.jpeg
    121.4 KB · Views: 162
Wow, the flame in that wood is very similar to Koa, really nicely figured! It's a beauty, GLWS.

Thanks Rhiggie! I think that this kind of Blackwood also has lots of tonal qualities that are similar to koa.

Weekend bump, and quick true story about this uke - I was at a Uke festival several years ago and Gerald Ross (the great jazz uke player) asked to borrow a uke to demonstrate a technique he was demonstrating. I gave him this Wise tenor and after he finished the demonstration he handed it back and said, “Wow - who made this uke? I love it - it sounds amazing.” Like most folks, he’d not heard about Scott Wise’s instruments before.

Scott Wise builds great instruments. When I was on a tour of Australia, I stopped in his shop and ordered a tenor and a baritone. Both are beautiful sounding Ukes. I eventually sold both when I downsized my Uke inventory.

I’m in Durham. Where are you in VA? I used to live in Manassas! Which uke are you referring to? Rick

Last edited:
The Wise tenor for sale. I'm near Front Royal in the Shenandoah Valley.

The Wise tenor for sale. I'm near Front Royal in the Shenandoah Valley.
I think I hijacked your question assuming you were talking to me, Rick (rhiggie) also in NC. You're question is aimed at gml, the owner of this great looking uke for sale! Sorry for getting in the middle :eek:

Top Bottom