Collings Tenor Spruce/Quilted Maple in Tangerine Sunburst (UT3MSB)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ukulele Eddie

Reaction score
As previously shared, I'm seriously downsizing my herd of fine ukes and I'm doing them one or two at a time. Next up is a pretty rare Collings tenor.

While any Collings is scarce these days since they aren't making ukes any longer, my understanding from a friend who is very well-connected to Collings, is they only made about 15 maple tenors in total. This one is particularly rare as two things make it quite unusual:

(i) It has quilted maple instead of flamed maple. Every other UT2M or UT3M I've seen has had flamed maple (including the two I previously owned); and,

(ii) This has ebony appointments instead of Rosewood. All the ones I've seen have had Rosewood.

This one is in excellent condition and has that special Collings jangle. Includes Collings case (these are the best cases made, in my opinion).

Given the rarity of this one, I'm firm on price at $3,000 shipped CONUS. I always offer a 3-day inspection period, so buy with confidence.

I'll let the pictures speak for themselves. ;-) And if this doesn't float your fancy, maybe something else I have will.

Last edited:
it's beautiful Eddie.
I owned one of these exact models previously,
whether it was this same one i'm not sure.
I adored it - the feel, the tone, the playability.
stunning instrument right here friends
and, given the status of Collings these days,
at a very reasonable price.
I always regretted selling mine and if I could afford it,
this would be sold already.
side note - Eddie is wonderful to deal with, having bought from and sold to him in the past.

Wow, that is stunning. Good thing I don't play tenors, or I'd be trying to get together the money for this.

Collings are great ukuleles. It's too bad they don't make them anymore. This one looks like a very special Collings.

Terrific ukulele. And if you really need a reference for Eddie, you haven't been around here very long ;) Eddie is so good, he literally needs no reference.

Good luck on your sales, Eddie. Whoever buys this will be super happy, I'm sure. The tangerine finish on these things is so hot, it almost glows in the dark!

-Steve

Wow, that is one crazy beautiful uke.

Terrific ukulele. And if you really need a reference for Eddie, you haven't been around here very long ;) Eddie is so good, he literally needs no reference.

Good luck on your sales, Eddie. Whoever buys this will be super happy, I'm sure. The tangerine finish on these things is so hot, it almost glows in the dark!

-Steve

Weren't you looking for one of these awhile back...Steve?

That must be the prettiest Collings uke I’ve ever seen. Surprised it wasn’t snapped up in minutes.
Whoever gets this beauty will be delighted with it. Buying a uke from Eddie is also an excellent experience.
Good luck on the sale my friend.

Thanks for all the nice comments & support. You shouldn't, stop. I mean, you shouldn't stop. LOL.

On its way to a new home next week.

Hmm, what to list next?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom