aNueNue Blackwater strings

RafterGirl

Reaction score
I've kept the Blackwater strings on my aNueNue Moonbird for a year. I thought I'd change them at some point, but I never did. I know others didn't care for them, but I've been happy with them. It's getting to be time for a string change on my Moonbird, and I need more of the Blackwaters. I know that World of Ukes in the UK carries them, but they are currently out of stock. Any other options? Any other suggestions for strings? I have several packs of Oasis Brights on hand, and might like to try out the new Uke Logic strings.

Thanks

I really like the anuenue black water strings. They also do clear and ones with the slightest purple tinge to them and I like those too. If they are out of stock at world of ukes try southern ukulele store - they stock them too.

Fremont blacklines sound great too.

I really like the anuenue black water strings. They also do clear and ones with the slightest purple tinge to them and I like those too. If they are out of stock at world of ukes try southern ukulele store - they stock them too.

Fremont blacklines sound great too.

Thanks. If I can't find anyone with an extra set in the US, I may go that route. I sure wish HMS would carry them, since they often sell the aNueNue ukes.

RafterGirl, You might like the Fremont Blacklines. They are a little stretchier and mellow than some other fluorocarbons. But I find them easier on my hand as well. Low-G works very well on my Martin T1 IZ tenor.

Mostly I use Living Waters. I like the chimey, guitar-ish sound. I have them on four spruce/rosewood tenors: Kinnard Series 2, Re-entrant; Ono #28, Pono RTC(S)-PC., low-G; MP 8-string.

I found someone with an extra set. Doesn’t look like you can buy direct from aNueNue, just dealers.

I have a set of Fremont Blacklines on mine and they sound great!

Top Bottom