Adventures In Flourocarbon - The (Savarez) Alliance Strikes Back - Fluoro Singles

*wades through all the man love*

The strings are now on my bari. To recap:

E: Savarez Alliance HK fluorocarbon 0.0244"
B: Savarez Alliance HK fluorocarbon 0.0319"
G: D'Addario silver wound copper on nylon NYL028W
D: D'Addario silver wound copper on nylon NYL033W

I'm pretty happy with the results. Not blown away or anything, to be honest, but still pretty happy. The tension feels very even across all four strings and that was a big part of why I chose to experiment with these particular gauges. So, from that point of view, mission accomplished :)

The overall tension feels relatively high and that takes a bit of getting used to. The strings seem to need a firmer hand to get the best out of them. The relatively thick Savarez trebles sound 'meatier' than the Martin fluoros that were on the uke before.

*wades through all the man love*

The strings are now on my bari. To recap:

E: Savarez Alliance HK fluorocarbon 0.0244"
B: Savarez Alliance HK fluorocarbon 0.0319"
G: D'Addario silver wound copper on nylon NYL028W
D: D'Addario silver wound copper on nylon NYL033W

I'm pretty happy with the results. Not blown away or anything, to be honest, but still pretty happy. The tension feels very even across all four strings and that was a big part of why I chose to experiment with these particular gauges. So, from that point of view, mission accomplished :)

The overall tension feels relatively high and that takes a bit of getting used to. The strings seem to need a firmer hand to get the best out of them. The relatively thick Savarez trebles sound 'meatier' than the Martin fluoros that were on the uke before.
Thanks for the followup. I am definitely going to be looking at those other Savarez singles (that you linked to previously) for my own custom sets in fifths tunings for 2 unwound + 2 wound on various scale lengths.

Top Bottom