Advice on router bit purchase

Doug W

Reaction score
Hello,

I want to add binding to a uke but don't know what router bit to get. Can someone tell me please?
Here is the performax laminate trimmer I have:
Performax.jpg

I also have this router:
BlackAndDeckerRouterManual.jpg
BlackAndDeckerRouter.jpg

And I made this table for the Black and Decker"

The binding that I chose is:
.060" x .250" (1.52mm x 6.35mm)

I am not attached to that size, just thought I would pick something. I am certainly open to someone saying you should get THIS binding with THAT router bit.

Thanks,
Doug

To get really good results I would get a binding cutter bit from LMII or Stewmac. To go with it you would need to get a couple bearings of different sizes that match the width of bindings you will be using which ride along the edge of the instrument. It will cut a smooth even width ledge all the way around. They are expensive but will produce the best results. 2604-binding-cutter-and-wrench-1450-shank-length.html

To get really good results I would get a binding cutter bit from LMII or Stewmac. To go with it you would need to get a couple bearings of different sizes that match the width of bindings you will be using which ride along the edge of the instrument. It will cut a smooth even width ledge all the way around. They are expensive but will produce the best results. 2604-binding-cutter-and-wrench-1450-shank-length.html
Thanks for the reply. Sometimes the truth is expensive.

Top Bottom