Price
Any Fair Market
Shipping
N/A
Size
Concert or Tenor preferably

ZJS

Reaction score
I've never played one. Interested in classic or resonator.

To purchase or trade/partial trade.

I have a Beansprout Alto cedar/maple, Koaloha concert mango, Kanile Baritone koa, Rebel Alchemist Jr, and Original Rebel Fake to name a few, some are posted for sale here.

Other than ukes, I have an Eastman Octave Mandolin, Martin 12 fret 000-15sm, Beard Deco Phonic Highball 137, Beard Deco Phonic Sidecar 127 (all black finish), Iris OG Gloss sunburst. :)

I've never played one. Interested in classic or resonator.

To purchase or trade/partial trade.

I have a Beansprout Alto cedar/maple, Koaloha concert mango, Kanile Baritone koa, Rebel Alchemist Jr, and Original Rebel Fake to name a few, some are posted for sale here.

Other than ukes, I have an Eastman Octave Mandolin, Martin 12 fret 000-15sm, Beard Deco Phonic Highball 137, Beard Deco Phonic Sidecar 127 (all black finish), Iris OG Gloss sunburst. :)
This is not mine and I have no connection to it, but I saw this on Elderly today:

Reactions: ZJS
I purchased a tenor cedar and cocobolo
But still could be interested in another wood combo if someone would like to trade

Reactions: ZJS
Best of luck finding one!

I have been playing a Mya-Moe koa tenor resonator since 2008. It is my main axe and it has a million miles gigging on it. Since I play a lot on the street, they have not been pampered miles, either. I nicknamed it "The War Horse" after so many years of hard and faithful service. 🐴

It is not especially loud for a resonator, but it sounds good and I have a pick-up installed on the biscuit bridge to amplify it when I need to.

The thought of selling The War Horse has never crossed my mind, mostly because I love it, and also because I know how finicky people are about blemishes. Let me tell you; this thing is really scarred up! It will probably be with me until the end of my days. :love:

I just posted a tutorial elsewhere on the forums, but since it has a good look and listen to the sound of my War Horse, why not leave a link here, too?

L

I have been playing a Mya-Moe koa tenor resonator since 2008. It is my main axe and it has a million miles gigging on it. Since I play a lot on the street, they have not been pampered miles, either. I nicknamed it "The War Horse" after so many years of hard and faithful service. 🐴

It is not especially loud for a resonator, but it sounds good and I have a pick-up installed on the biscuit bridge to amplify it when I need to.

The thought of selling The War Horse has never crossed my mind, mostly because I love it, and also because I know how finicky people are about blemishes. Let me tell you; this thing is really scarred up! It will probably be with me until the end of my days. :love:

I just posted a tutorial elsewhere on the forums, but since it has a good look and listen to the sound of my War Horse, why not leave a link here, too?

sounds lovely!!

It may not be one of the loudest, but it is one of the sweetest resonators I've heard. NIce playing and singing.

Sorry for the divert, but I've never seen a resonator in the wild. Yukio said that his wasn't especially loud. I thought they were all about volume. So, is the resonator attraction in the different tone, a bolder attack, more metallic pehaps?
Mine is louder than a standard tenor, but compared to other resonators, it is not so loud. There is a difference in timbre as well. You can hear the metallic element in the sound from the aluminium cone. But most resonators are also brighter in tone than my wood bodied resonator. An all metal bodied resonator has a very characteristic sound. I would say that mine has a mellower tone than an all-metal resonator. I guess it sits somewhere between the two endpoints of a standard tenor and a metal bodied tenor resonator.

Top Bottom