Best Deal on a lot of Aquilas/other good strings.

PTOEguy

Reaction score
I've recently embarked on an exploration of ways to equip my daughter's school with ukuleles. I've got a few of the Butler Music gambler's specials on order, and now I'm looking for a good source for strings.

Does anyone know of a place that gives discounts on large orders of Aquila or other similar quality strings?

Re: ukes....check with craftedcow about case lots of Eddie Finn Minnows

So far, the best deal on Aquilas I've found is at Acoustic Music here in Salt Lake City - $5.50 per set, no shipping. I will probably buy from them if this project gets off the ground. It is also nice to support a local music store.

You might try approaching a store, even a place like Guitar Center, about "sponsoring" your effort. It's a minor thing for them, you acknowledge the sponsorship, they get their name out as supporting a worthy cause.

You might try approaching a store, even a place like Guitar Center, about "sponsoring" your effort. It's a minor thing for them, you acknowledge the sponsorship, they get their name out as supporting a worthy cause.

I've been thinking about this - it might run afoul of the fact that I'm an engineer - fundraising is rarely in an engineers typical skillset...

Elderly has Aquila soprano strings for pretty low cost $4.70 a set if you buy 5 sets. Free shipping if you spend $49.
They may even work out a better deal for larger quantities.

http://elderly.com/accessories/items/ANSR.htm

Nyltechs (pretty close to Nylguts) are even less.

OK - sounds like the Elder deal is pretty good - I was also contacted by Mike from Mainland and he offered a great deal as well. Looks like planning on $5 max per set would be pretty realistic.

However, I just got the first set of gambler's specials, and they come complete with Aquila strings. So I can put off major string purchases for a while - I'm thinking replace the strings once a year.

Glenn

Top Bottom