Boxes

keenonuke

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
Hello folks,

Do you have suggestions for boxes for shipping ukes. I'm planning on listing different sizes with cases. I need to trim the herd and let those I'm not going to play "go to a good home." Thanks for any suggestions. BTW I was of the grid due to a shoulder injury and am only now playing again and resuming PT. Thanks again.

Hello folks,

Do you have suggestions for boxes for shipping ukes. I'm planning on listing different sizes with cases. I need to trim the herd and let those I'm not going to play "go to a good home." Thanks for any suggestions. BTW I was of the grid due to a shoulder injury and am only now playing again and resuming PT. Thanks again.
Do you have some local music shops/guitar shops? They might have some boxes that they'd give you. Just a thought.

I usually save all my boxes for this very purpose. Now this does not help you directly, but if you are part of a group of ukulele players, you might ask if they have any that they saved and will not use. If like me, they have a few "keepers" that they will not let go of and so the box can be passed on to you.

I received a soprano that was tucked into a standard UPS box once... not much room for padding but the FRAGILE sticker seemed to do the job. Cheap to ship as well. And available free at your local PO!

I’ve seen ukulele shipping boxes online but they run about $15. Highway robbery.

PS: Go to local Guitar Center and beg one?
Geebus!

Hello folks,

Just look into my garage! I save all the uke boxes that look reusable. I've started cutting the corners so I can flatten them for better storage.

Good sources below -

I've also done what some uke sellers have done. I make a box by cutting down a larger box. Cardboard is cardboard. Cut and bend neatly, and you can make a great box. Look in dumpsters that stores use for getting rid of their cardboard - that might have been mentioned in a link above.

Get a few rolls of packaging tape and a dispenser. it's cheap, and it's versatile.

Just look into my garage! I save all the uke boxes that look reusable. I've started cutting the corners so I can flatten them for better storage.

Good sources below -

I've also done what some uke sellers have done. I make a box by cutting down a larger box. Cardboard is cardboard. Cut and bend neatly, and you can make a great box. Look in dumpsters that stores use for getting rid of their cardboard - that might have been mentioned in a link above.

Get a few rolls of packaging tape and a dispenser. it's cheap, and it's versatile.
Jerry you are amazing.

Shipping prices depends upon: Size of the box (cubic size); Weight (Styrofoam peanuts around the case); Locations (from & to). I usually put additional cardboard panels in the most vulnerable places.
Insurance beyond $50-ish is additional.

People still use styrofoam peanuts? Ugh... a least put em in plastic bags, makes a lot less of a mess when unpacking.

Those things are awful. Years ago, I got some packages with peanuts that were water soluble. They dissolved and disappeared. They wee green, in more ways than one.

Those things are awful. Years ago, I got some packages with peanuts that were water soluble. They dissolved and disappeared. They wee green, in more ways than one.
I think they're all made like that now. My cat likes to steal them and try to eat them.

Top Bottom