Brand New!

Somehow, I feel like it sounds like I have never played it before
Yup. I hear ya!

There are some incredible resources out there that have a lot of support from members on the forum. What kind of style do you enjoy playing most? That might help give people some guidance, if you're looking for some support to discover skills support 😉

Welcome to the UU forums, glad that you found us!

Welcome! What I tell the beginners I teach is, 10 minutes a day every day might be better than one long stint occasionally.

I have found this to be very much applicable to me. I try to do this every day and some days have a longer session.
Welcome! What I tell the beginners I teach is, 10 minutes a day every day might be better than one long stint occasionally.
Well, somehow I got these messages reversed, but the same is true for me. I try to play every day without fail, even if I have only 5 or 10 minutes. I’m now in the habit of getting a uke in my hands every day. I give it whatever time I can manage, but get tired after about an hour.

PS: Welcome, by the way. We’re in this to have fun, and UU is an encouraging bunch of people, nonjudgmental, and generous with their advice and support.

Just do like me and play ten minutes a month for 16 years. It's fun always being a beginner. I'll do better one of these years! .. :oops:

Welcome to UU invisiblewrap and a warm hello from Chicago!

Hi everyone! Super excited to be here. I'm 30 years old and took up the Ukulele during the pandemic. I practice twice a week for an hour at a time. Somehow, I feel like it sounds like I have never played it before. My progress is slow...
Welcome to the forum and please don't fret over progress. Just have fun with your ukulele.

Your progress will accelerate quite a bit if you try to add play/practice 5 or 10 minutes a day, in addition to the hour a week routine. If nothing else, it helps to bed in the muscle memory in your hands and arms.

Enjoy your ukulele.

Hi and welcome from another recent beginner.

Welcome to UU, invisiblewasp!
Nicky hit the nail on its head: make it a (10 to 15 minutes) daily practice session. If you can do a longer session every now and then as well, then that's awesome. However, a short daily routine works a lot better for most people.

Top Bottom