Christmas Island - Fingerstyle soprano uke

Oldscruggsfan

Reaction score
After telling Jim Yates it was my goal to reasonably mimic his "Just A Closer Walk With Thee" strum pattern, I resorted to finger style after the intro.
I transposed to F to enable a follow-up, strum-only version with vocals as soon as I learn all the lyrics.
Enjoy!

Originally released by Lyle Moraine in 1946
Here's a non-uke question: Does the famed Christmas Island red crab migration always end before December 25th?

Last edited:
After telling Jim Yates it was my goal to reasonably mimic his "Just A Closer Walk With Thee" strum pattern, I resorted to finger picking after the intro. Transposed to F to enable a follow-up, strum-only version with vocals as soon as I learn all the lyrics (not that there are that many words).
Enjoy!

Originally released by Lyle Moraine in 1946
Does the famed Christmas Island red crab migration always end before December 25th?

Nice!!! Your soprano is sounding good, OSF!

So, I originally watched this because I was curious to see your ukulele placement, given your recent mention of preferring to holding it lower. But, in this video your ukulele is in the normal position, with it's neck also at the normal angle, and your wrists are both neutral. Then I listened to your rendition of this song, and I liked it too. All good stuff.
Thank you. I decided not to adjust my strap, but for a reason that’s admittedly somewhat odd. If I held the uke any lower, the back of the body would click against my belt buckle, LOL.

Top Bottom