Dehumidifier for humid areas

Skinny Money McGee

Reaction score
Anyone interested, these dehumidifiers work quite well. When the visible crystals turn pink, turn on the oven, cook the can for a couple hours or until the crystals turn back to deep purple.

They were designed for gun safes and would work well if your instruments were stored in a cabinet that is somewhat sealed. My gun safe isn't air-tight, and it still works good.
They appear to be made of stainless and will last indefinitely.

The first pict is the one Tractor Supply sells, the second pict is the one I use. Dimensions are 4inches diameter and about 5 inches tall. I've been using this one for 15 years. (I believe the TS version is a larger size)

Mine is still sold 16.99 dehumidifies 33 cubic feet. Found it at http://www.cabelas.com (search for Hydrosorbent Silica Gel) Tractor supply sells them for 14.99 and claims to dehumidify 57 cubic feet

Last edited:
Which would win in a fight between a humidifier and a dehumidifier ?

Which would win in a fight between a humidifier and a dehumidifier ?

No easy fight... buildings would be crushed... power lines wrestled to the ground... but the dehumidifier would win, no doubt. It'd suck out all the humidifier's super-humidifying-powers in no time and swipe out the metropolis of all its water. GODZILIKONLA-STYLE!

Top Bottom