Dick VanDyke - Learning to Play

You said it, Tim. I still member some of those priceless MTM Show episodes. The death of Chuckles the Clown; Mary dealing with insomnia (nobody has EVER portrayed better, on large screen or small, the agonized tossing and turning of an insomniac in bed); Mary arriving at a banquet, haggard and disheveled and looking like hell, to accept a big journalism award; and so many more.

And the supporting actors! The fabulous Chloris Leachman, Betty White, Ed Asner, Ted Knight, Valerie Harper, even the little girl who played Chloris Leachman’s daughter. She’d arrive, discouraged, at Mary’s apartment and announce, “Boy, I sure could use a cookie!”
Yes, that was an excellent series with excellent characters.

You said it, Tim. I still member some of those priceless MTM Show episodes. The death of Chuckles the Clown; Mary dealing with insomnia (nobody has EVER portrayed better, on large screen or small, the agonized tossing and turning of an insomniac in bed); Mary arriving at a banquet, haggard and disheveled and looking like hell, to accept a big journalism award; and so many more.

And the supporting actors! The fabulous Chloris Leachman, Betty White, Ed Asner, Ted Knight, Valerie Harper, even the little girl who played Chloris Leachman’s daughter. She’d arrive, discouraged, at Mary’s apartment and announce, “Boy, I sure could use a cookie!”
Here's a video I made the week Mary passed:

Thanks for the heads up, I just watched it.
And they cut me out...
Life in Hollywood.

Someone sent me a note to check the BluRay edition.
I've got access to the DVDs. What character would I be looking for, assuming you haven't been cut from the DVDs?

Top Bottom