Enya HPL Tenor & Concert Ukes (+others) on sale on Enya website

I'm going to get their MS Mahogany Concert for $76.50. normally $140. I just hope the sale lasts until I get my next check. Just a few more days.

Any container I have large enough to contain either ukulele (especially the tenor) also covers up the display so I can't read what it says.

It also tends to exceed the maximum weight limit of the scale, which is 3000 g or about 6ish pounds, once an ukulele is added to it.

Its only about 4" in diameter.

I'm going to get their MS Mahogany Concert for $76.50. normally $140. I just hope the sale lasts until I get my next check. Just a few more days.
If you "miss" it, another sale will be around soon.

I have 3 laminate sopranos. I just weighed them on my kitchen scale. The weights I get are Enya HPL pineapple soprano 19.4 ounces, Martin 0X soprano 14.8 ounces, Kiwaya KS-7 soprano 12.6 ounces. So, the Enya is about 50% heavier than the other 2. The Enya is more cumbersome to play because of the heavier weight as well as the chunkier neck with no side fret markers and the much lower volume than the others (when played with similar effort). The Enya does have a good tone, just weak volume.

19.4 ounces is 550 grams, so on that chart that was posted earlier, the Enya would be close to the heaviest.

I don't have a good way to measure volume, but Barry commented on the Enya volume in his review. He says the round Enya has very weak volume compared to the Martin 0X. The standard soprano Enya is about half way between those 2. The Kiwaya is a little louder than the Martin.

I have never played a solid wood Enya, so cannot compare those to the laminate Enya that I own.

Last edited:
@chris667 how did you get your ukes to balance on a kitchen scale? None of mine are large enough to balance a uke on, and none of my ukes have a body that outweighs the neck - so if you put the body on the scale, the neck makes it tip over onto the counter.
I put the ukes in a big mixing bowl and zeroed it. Easy, but no pictures sadly and I already have a coffee so you'll have to imagine them.

I actually do think the weight you posted sounds right. HPL is compressed wood, so it stands to reason it would weigh more. It doesn't really matter though, does it?

For weighing ukes on a small scale, why not flip it on its strings and set it on its balance point?

Last edited:
Top Bottom