Fender "Uke Bass"...

Seems odd that it's not a solid body, like Fenders, think it would be cheaper to make solids. Acoustic probably isn't the correct description, maybe hollow body. Doubt if it puts out much acoustic sound.

Seems odd that it's not a solid body, like Fenders, think it would be cheaper to make solids. Acoustic probably isn't the correct description, maybe hollow body. Doubt if it puts out much acoustic sound.
Good point especially since Fender is not known for much of anything acoustic or hollowbody unless you consider their acoustisonic guitar series maybe.

Someone will make a lot of money when they come up with an acoustic bass that is portable that you can hear. Any acoustic bass guitar I have heard needed amplified to jam with anybody. The loudest bass you can carry that I have heard is a guitarron like you hear in Mariachi groups.

They are fully acoustic, haven't you seen any of the Fender ukes? These are built with the same idea as Acoustisonic line. The bass will be fine for personal practice, but to play with anyone, like all bass ukes, it needs an amp.

They are fully acoustic, haven't you seen any of the Fender ukes? These are built with the same idea as Acoustisonic line. The bass will be fine for personal practice, but to play with anyone, like all bass ukes, it needs an amp.
I have a malibu soprano but am unfamiliar with any more of their uke line. The malibu is mostly a wall hanger to me.

I just emerged from an acoustasonic rabbit hole. Those guitars are high end now and look like they are trying to compete with the Taylor T5. Makes me almost want one. I was recalling in my head the Stratacoustic line which was much cheaper. Hopefully some of that experience translates to their uke attempts.

To me, if it sounds as good as the Hadean and looks as cool as a Fender, I'm happy. It's at a Kala price point so can't have expectations too high.

I am still on Sweetwater's pre-order list; they told me it would be September, then late September, then October and now November. I went to Fender's site and it's in stock, ready to ship and at a 10% discount. FedEx says it will be delivered tomorrow. So, I'll have some kind of verdict on this instrument in a day or 2. I miss out on Sweetwater's 51 point inspection but get 10% off. Fingers crossed that it's good.

Good luck. I like Sweetwater too, but I'm not sure there are 51 things for them to inspect on that type of instrument. Anyway, let us know what you think after you've had a chance to try it out.

It's here...and there was much rejoicing.
I have yet to really put it through any serious jammage yet but so far I am impressed. My fast assessment is it is solid, light, easy to play and think once I adjust my playing I'll like it even more. It sounds good enough compared to big Fender basses that I would perform with it and could use on certain recording projects.

Headphones or speakers required to hear bass pretty much these days.

Top Bottom