Fluke of a different color

Ukecaster

Reaction score
Saw this one on FMM, a concert Fluke with an early top design, with a back made of turquoise colored plastic, instead of the usual black. How cool & unique. I imagine things would get very complex at MFC if they ever started offering options for body color.

Screenshot_20230328_180507_Chrome.jpgScreenshot_20230328_180519_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:
Cool! It would be I tersting to know a serial number. Perhaps MFC started out with this Color polycarbonate body before they moved to black. It’s hard to know but…….interesting. I’ve never seen one that. I have a tenor Fluke about a dozen years old and it’s great.

Just looked it up on FMM and it’s an early design. The other pics show a pristine polycarbonate fretboard. Heck the fretboard dots are still clearly visible. I play tenor but tempted to get a concert for a try. Looks like a nice ukulele and the pick up seems to be mounted by MFC. Thanks form sharin.

Something to suggest. Special runs of so many instrument bodies in a specific color. Could even survey protentional buyers and see what colors would be most likely wanted. Put out some color plates on the website. IF money is made.......try a another color.......not unusual for special runs of instruments.

On the other hand, maybe a real expense and headache for a maker??

Saw this one on FMM, a concert Fluke with an early top design, with a back made of turquoise colored plastic, instead of the usual black. How cool & unique. I imagine things would get very complex at MFC if they ever started offering options for body color.

View attachment 150081View attachment 150082

That is very unusual. I wonder what the story is with that. Can you send me the serial number? I have several pages of Magic Fluke serial numbers. Why? Who knows? :oops:

I've seen either that uke of another one with the same design for sale.

That is very unusual. I wonder what the story is with that. Can you send me the serial number? I have several pages of Magic Fluke serial numbers. Why? Who knows? :oops:

I've seen either that uke of another one with the same design for sale.
Jerry, I don't own that one, it is for sale on FMM for $275 shipped. See link below.

Maybe it was just a “fluke”?…

It just looks grey to me...I also say fluke
I can see the color difference, but I've never seen or heard of others that color. I can't believe the factory made just one like that. I suspect the seller is asking that much simply because of the color.

The turquoise bodied Flukes were some of the earliest produced. The "Pool" Fluke I had was purchased back from me by Jim Beloff

Attachments

• IMG_20140919_033121227_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20140919_033121227_HDR.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 7
  • IMG_20140919_033133883_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20140919_033133883_HDR.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 7
Top Bottom