FS: John S Kinnard Series 2 Tenor

Subfanatic

Reaction score
****Please close, I’ve decided I don’t want to give this away. Maybe my schedule will be less hectic in the future allowing me more practice time. Thanks for the opportunity to post. ***

Hello, I wanted to give you guys and gals another shot at this uke. I am able to give you a more attractive price without all the fees etc associated with other sites.

I have a 2020 John S. Kinnard Series 2 Tenor Ukulele. This was built with a Cedar top and Koa back and sides. Sound, build and playability exactly like you would expect from a Kinnard Ukulele…..absolutely perfect.

I went over the instrument thoroughly and I did find one tiny, shallow ding. I’ve marked the imperfection in the last photo.

Comes with the original hard shell case, several sets of strings, humidifier, small tuner and a few other miscellaneous items.

All the photos except the last one are from John after he completed the build. I can take more of any area you would like. No sound sample available at this time, but I’m pretty sure you’ll love it…I have many references available upon request. Price includes shipping with FedEx home delivery. I can accept cash if local, Venmo or Paypal add fees. Not interested in trades of any kind or shipping outside of the USA. Thanks -Eric

esparkville at aol.com

3BDCD9C5-A191-4B23-BFB9-D4F433BCC101.jpeg64A6AEE0-10DE-4203-BA3C-E10E747E409C.jpeg499236FB-6B9C-4FF0-9847-B1FF9D37F854.jpegADD381FA-30F1-439C-84CB-B6A8DCA2E204.jpeg8BC043F5-C927-44EC-9C22-0F5FE9413253.jpeg24C8B67F-1349-4BD4-ADA6-AB62570431F4.jpeg55CB04F9-9BBA-4A97-AD86-7EEDC31A5CD0.jpegF718AF3C-65EF-4E71-90E1-B4064897E191.jpegF99406B8-DAEB-42E1-913B-90E09FCFA3E6.jpeg

Last edited:
I'm seriously surprised that this hasn't sold. I really wish I could play tenors so I could buy this. But I'm fortunate enough to have a Kinnard concert, and it's what has gotten me through all the pandemic and other rocky times. It's beautifully built, sounds amazing, (in spite of my playing), and is a source of joy.

I'm seriously surprised that this hasn't sold. I really wish I could play tenors so I could buy this. But I'm fortunate enough to have a Kinnard concert, and it's what has gotten me through all the pandemic and other rocky times. It's beautifully built, sounds amazing, (in spite of my playing), and is a source of joy.
Well, I’m guessing it’s because that’s a crap ton of money to a lot of people (myself included). Thank you for the awesome input, much appreciated. -eric

Well, I’m guessing it’s because that’s a crap ton of money to a lot of people (myself included). Thank you for the awesome input, much appreciated. -eric
Quite true. But there are some expensive ukuleles selling, (much slower than usual, though), and for anyone who can, this is a great price for a Kinnard Series 2. Base price now is $3150.

Looking at customs on the Ukulele Site, customs are going for a rather astonishing amount these days. (And it actually looks like the 9k+ one sold now.) So, this seems like a great deal for anyone who can afford it.

I'll stay out of your way, now. :) Good luck with the sale.

Last edited:
Anyone looking at a nice stock tenor, like one of the Ks, would do really well to consider this uke instead. Kinnard ukuleles are on a short list of special custom ukuleles that look, feel, and sound wonderful (I have a long neck soprano from him). These should be considered at its full price and should be snapped up at this price.

Added: Just looked on the HMS site and a beautiful custom tenor was just listed... ...for $4,850

Last edited:
Anyone looking at a nice stock tenor, like one of the Ks, would do really well to consider this uke instead. Kinnard ukuleles are on a short list of special custom ukuleles that look, feel, and sound wonderful (I have a long neck soprano from him). These should be considered at its full price and should be snapped up at this price.

Added: Just looked on the HMS site and a beautiful custom tenor was just listed... ...for $4,850

Thanks, I agree with everything you said. We shall see.

John S. Kinnard ukuleles are wonderful works of art. Meticulous craftsmanship, with flawless finish. Great balanced guitar-like sound. Terrific sustain and note separation. Excellent playability for strumming and fingerstyle. Very comfortable neck. Gotoh UPT tuners. Mine sounds fantastic strung either low or high G.

This is a darn good price for one of his Series 2 tenors. Especially with shipping included.

John S. Kinnard ukuleles are wonderful works of art. Meticulous craftsmanship, with flawless finish. Great balanced guitar-like sound. Terrific sustain and note separation. Excellent playability for strumming and fingerstyle. Very comfortable neck. Gotoh UPT tuners. Mine sounds fantastic strung either low or high G.

This is a darn good price for one of his Series 2 tenors. Especially with shipping included.
Thanks, I have it priced to sell. I really think this ukulele should be priced more in the $2500 range, but right now it just sitting in its case and I have other interests. I’ll let it sit on here for a few more days.479172FD-8BEC-4D3F-93CC-9D9002D9D329.jpeg7D3B242E-2381-4D96-87F4-9057AF23D2F2.jpeg

Last edited:
Ah man! The timing is wrong. I just can't right now. And it's killing me.

This is a terrific opportunity for someone to get a genuine bargain.

I'm not affiliated with the seller nor John S. Kinnard Ukuleles in any way.

It's killing me too. I can't play tenors. If this was a concert, I'd be working extra hours to get this.

Top Bottom