FS: Solid Mahogany Tenor w/hard case - a blem beauty

Status
Not open for further replies.

swb

Reaction score
FS: Oscar Schmidt OS240SWK Solid Mahogany Tenor w/case.

First, the full disclosure: I got this uke 6 months ago as a "blem", with the seller calling attention to minor flaws in the finish right below the sound hole (see pic below). As I discovered, there is also some slight warping right at the bottom of the fretboard (see pic below). If you look closely, you see the warping affecting the 4 lowest frets - things look perfectly flat from there on up. I have not noticed the warping having any effect on how it plays (not that I spend any time on lowest 4 frets!)

Now the positives: As you can see in the pics below, the mahogany on the top of the body is gorgeous, with a very distinctive figuring. Sides and back have the more usual mahogany look. The uke (which I restrung with Worth browns) sounds great with a ring-y woody sort of tone. Noticeably brighter than my Pono acacia for sure. The sealed tuners are silky smooth. The Oscar Schmidt case is a bit heavy but very solid.

I a selling this one in anticipation of the arrival a covered bridge tenor I picked up recently from a seller on this forum.

I paid $185. This visually stunning, great sounding, but slightly flawed tenor uke is yours for $135 w/ includes shipping to CONUS. Paypal works for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom