Hello from Wichita, Kansas

yerpastor

Reaction score
Hi I'm Kane! I started learning ukelele in 2018, but really picked it up during the pandemic. I have 2 ukeleles. A Kala solid cedar 8 string baritone and a tenor cocobolo 4 string made in Nicaragua by luthier Luis Pillarte. I mainly use Living Waters strings. I work as clergy in the United Methodist Church. I have a spouse and 3 kids. I enjoy stereo gear, vinyl records, video games, reading, home theater, and sports.

Welcome Kane! Nice intro...you'll fit in nicely here with all these friendly folks.

Hi Kane, welcome to the UU Forum. I love Living Waters strings as well. They are my go-to strings on my tenors. But, I have found a handful of tenors on which they just don't sound right. At least to my ears.

I confess, I gave away my collection of 1000+ vinyl records and concentrated on CDs ever since they were first introduced. Yeah, I know, the sound debates between the two will never be fully resolved. But we can all agree that the streamed, compressed music formats will never be as good... ;)

Have fun with your ukes.

Hi and welcome. Do you ever go to the Winfield Guitar Championship event?

Hi Kane, welcome to the UU Forum. I love Living Waters strings as well. They are my go-to strings on my tenors. But, I have found a handful of tenors on which they just don't sound right. At least to my ears.

I confess, I gave away my collection of 1000+ vinyl records and concentrated on CDs ever since they were first introduced. Yeah, I know, the sound debates between the two will never be fully resolved. But we can all agree that the streamed, compressed music formats will never be as good... ;)

Have fun with your ukes.
I'm good with any physical music format. I have a reel to reel, cd player, and cassette deck as well!

Top Bottom