It’s been a while

tobinsuke

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
I don’t know if any of you remember me, it’s been a while but I used to post a lot.
My shop burned down and I lost everything including 2 Timbuck sopranos and everything I had built or was working on, tooling/jigs/fixtures I had designed, notes on all of that, family-handed down tools, all of my tools really… from spoke shaves to bandsaw. My Howlett was in the house and was spared. My Goose Acres banjo was handed to me by a very proud firefighter in its smoldering case, but survived pretty well. That’s it.
But I don’t want to be remembered for that. I used to be very active and interactive on this forum. But I gave up, and I don’t want to think about that.
But I have a very pedestrian question about identifying hand planes.
Anyone game?

I don’t know if any of you remember me, it’s been a while but I used to post a lot.
My shop burned down and I lost everything including 2 Timbuck sopranos and everything I had built or was working on, tooling/jigs/fixtures I had designed, notes on all of that, family-handed down tools, all of my tools really… from spoke shaves to bandsaw. My Howlett was in the house and was spared. My Goose Acres banjo was handed to me by a very proud firefighter in its smoldering case, but survived pretty well. That’s it.
But I don’t want to be remembered for that. I used to be very active and interactive on this forum. But I gave up, and I don’t want to think about that.
Anyone game?
Trying to identify to value for sale to be able to buy more useful things and get back into building.

Welcome back, wish it was under better circumstances. I'm sorry to hear your sad news. Hope you're able to get back to building, soon. Take care.

Anyone game?
Post the pic! I'll show my husband, he's got some experience with hand planes and might have an idea. Besides all of the incredible craftspeople here on the boards who will probably know!!

Welcome back, thanks for posting, but I'm so sorry to hear about your losses.

Top Bottom