Song Help Request John Denver - Leaving On a Jet Plane (Uke Solo)

Seems like it would be a good one to practice figuring out by ear/eye. The video is shot quite clearly. Also you can slow the video down with Youtube. Give it a try and post on here. If you get stuck, I will help you! :D

*Hint it is in G major, the first chord is a G7sus4 (0233)

Thanks for the tips, guys. I'll try my best to figure it out based on that video. The hardest part for me is seeing the strums. It happens so fast that it's difficult for me to identify exactly when a note is being played. All I see is a blur and hear a bunch of notes all at once.

That uke has a nice sound. I don't know what it is but it must be Japanese model of some kind.

Thanks for the tips, guys. I'll try my best to figure it out based on that video. The hardest part for me is seeing the strums. It happens so fast that it's difficult for me to identify exactly when a note is being played. All I see is a blur and hear a bunch of notes all at once.

When I use Youtube with Firefox, I can slow the video down to half speed with the settings button. Can you do this too? It will really help you to be able to what is going on with the right hand.

Youtube speed controls aren't on by default unless using chrome I believe. You need to be using a compliant browser(firefox works fine in my case) and enable it using this link: https://www.youtube.com/html5
Once that is done, when clicking on settings in a video(little gear icon) you should see a speed selection box.

That uke has a nice sound. I don't know what it is but it must be Japanese model of some kind.

Well it needs a setup or a different set of strings. The high notes are clearly out of tune.

Youtube speed controls aren't on by default unless using chrome I believe. You need to be using a compliant browser(firefox works fine in my case) and enable it using this link: https://www.youtube.com/html5
Once that is done, when clicking on settings in a video(little gear icon) you should see a speed selection box.

Thank you Nosniv! I couldn't remember how I set it up on Firefox. It is a really useful feature. :)

Yes very useful, there are also some firefox add-ons that allow you to download any youtube video and then you can have more granular control of speed in VLC and don't have to wait for the file to re-buffer. I prefer this method for the trickier stuff.

Top Bottom