Kiwaya 100th Anniversary Concert

I have tried them at a store called Mikki Gakki in Osaka. At the time they had three in stock (I believe the "spring" version was already sold to an American customer).

The sound was too much of a "tin can" for my taste. I also tried the same model (but not labelled as "anniversary") with a 5A grade koa body, which had a much better sound. I think the main difference between the two was that the anniversary model is made out of cherry wood and, as you probably seen, some amazing inlays.

I have tried them at a store called Mikki Gakki in Osaka. At the time they had three in stock (I believe the "spring" version was already sold to an American customer).

The sound was too much of a "tin can" for my taste. I also tried the same model (but not labelled as "anniversary") with a 5A grade koa body, which had a much better sound. I think the main difference between the two was that the anniversary model is made out of cherry wood and, as you probably seen, some amazing inlays.

I read on their description that they are painted lacquer, not inlays. It is a technique called maki-e.

Yes, sorry, should have written "some amazing paint job".

Is there a pic of it?

Top Bottom