Looking for Kiwaya FS-5DX? Corrected model#!

MarTay6

Reaction score
Several weeks ago, I found listings for I think it was a Famous FS-5GL- a limited edition of only 100 uke's- I thought it was on eBay- but am now not able to locate them. A seller in Japan had several of them- perhaps 10. I also tried eBay.jp with no luck.
This was a beautiful grade of Koa laminate- with planetary tuners. This uke was around $475-575- and this particular dealer in Japan was shipping for $150.00, which kind of put me off a little.
Now I'm in a little better place- and wanted to go back and look at them again- but I'm unable to locate them.
Anyone else seen these? Or know where they're located please?
Thanks!
Edit: Well, I was looking for the wrong model #! It's a Kiwaya FS-5DX! At least I have the model number now! Seems to be sold out.

Last edited:
Several weeks ago, I found listings for I think it was a Famous FS-5GL- a limited edition of only 100 uke's- I thought it was on eBay- but am now not able to locate them. A seller in Japan had several of them- perhaps 10. I also tried eBay.jp with no luck.
This was a beautiful grade of Koa laminate- with planetary tuners. This uke was around $475-575- and this particular dealer in Japan was shipping for $150.00, which kind of put me off a little.
Now I'm in a little better place- and wanted to go back and look at them again- but I'm unable to locate them.
Anyone else seen these? Or know where they're located please?
Thanks!
I haven’t seen such a listing as yet from all my scouting of Japanese sites these past weeks. But the specs you mention - Koa and gotoh UPT for a Famous FS-5 sounds a lot like the FS-5 DX. I will keep looking tho for the model you listed.

Yep, that's the one! I edited my original post to reflect that correction. He had about 10 listings for various ones... I saw a really beautiful one he had- but lost track of it. Guess he's sold all of them now... durn it!

I just found one on Buyee.jp- Yahoo Japan shopping and ordered it! We'll see how the process goes!
Kind of scary to order- not knowing what the shipping charges will actually end up being.

I just found one on Buyee.jp- Yahoo Japan shopping and ordered it! We'll see how the process goes!
Kind of scary to order- not knowing what the shipping charges will actually end up being.
Should be around $70 to east coast and arrives in like 3 days from shipment

Too late I guess but...
My guess/experience is more like $80+ for shipping. It will be well packed.

Too late I guess but...
My guess/experience is more like $80+ for shipping. It will be well packed.
I did see that as well, just felt more comfortabe going with Yahoo shopping!
Thanks so much for all the inputs here, Folks- they are greatly appreciated! Will post a pic when it arrives!

Well... fast forward to now-- that previous deal fell through, as the seller in Japan stated they could not ship as it contained- Mahogany!
At that time- or before, I wrote to Kiwaya in Japan to inquire if it was possible to purchase from them.
Last night I received the following email reply from them!

"Hello,

Thank you for your email, and I apologise for my late reply.

The FS-5DX is a custom model that we made about 100pcs. We have no plans
of making this model in the future at this moment.

Although, there was one extra at the factory which arrived recently. I
did not want to send you the information that is not sure, so my reply
to you was late.

I attached the picture of this last FS-5DX. If you wish to order, you
can order from our website by using the Worldshopping cart service.

This service is handled by other company. Please check the URL link
below for details, and if you still have questions about the service,
please contact "Worldshopping Cart"

I will keep this FS-5DX for about a week. If you make the order, I will
tell our staff to send this one to you.

Regards,"

Well, it didn't take me long to get that order off to them!! We'll see what happens this time!

Top Bottom