Song Help Request Making a song without knowing anything

Keef

Reaction score
Currently I know 1 song and it happened very much by mistake and took 1 year to get right and it is simple at best . I was learning chords and I found some that sounded good together then I just let my right hand strum however it felt like strumming it's weird the strumming hand just sort of knows what to do on it's own :) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0xVyq5LWOI&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Ok now I'm going to attempt to make up another song by making it up in my head to the point where I can hum the tune now here's the hard part ; How can I find the notes and or chords and alternates that match my hummed notes?

Last edited:
Great video & the tune is a catchy one! I love the beat, the strum pattern, & the apparent ease you float down the neck. I haven't yet got past the 5th fret myself, though that is the next advancement I want to make.

I can't say that I "know" many songs either. I usually play w/a songbook/sheet in front of me. I have gotten a few Beatle songs figured out like Dear Prudence, Maxwell's Silver Hammer, & Oh Bla Di; but... never sing them all the way through. AND still haven't done a video!

Keep strumming!

Gmoney thanks for the kind words I would like to redo that video I don't like the way I was stumbling 3/4 of the way through also I can now strum that song with more speed that video was mostly a camera test. Now about singing the very moment one single sound comes out of my mouth the hands stop working it's like I have just exceeded my brains capacity ha ha
The great thing about making your own song is you don't have to worry about giving propper credit so that you tube will be happy and it's hard for people to say you messed it up if it's your own song Lol
they either like it or not. lol
I think I have an idea of how to find the notes on the uke based on a song I'm humming. Humm the note then find that note on a keyboard then use my ukulele iPhone app to find that chord on the uke. T
I'm hopeing this second song will take less than a year ha ha

Last edited:
Hey great little tune yo got yourself there!! Nicely played...well done Keef

Is it just me, or can any one else hear the uke singing....words..."making wacky doo" throughout this song....????

mmmm maybe its smoking???

Top Bottom