Martin Style O Repair

Of course, he could have considered using a hinge and make it like one of the Gibson trapdoor banjos!

Your approach to this repair was very logical and effective, Brad. It could not have gone better.

I had a similar problem with a uke I built. The original front had weird, wild grain. It sounded strange and then warped badly. I left the neck portion in place and swapped the rest, with the join at the cross brace. It worked perfectly.KT1 soprano.jpg

Your approach to this repair was very logical and effective, Brad. It could not have gone better.

I had a similar problem with a uke I built. The original front had weird, wild grain. It sounded strange and then warped badly. I left the neck portion in place and swapped the rest, with the join at the cross brace. It worked perfectly.

That looks rather tasteful John. To my eyes the contrast strip across the middle makes it look intended and right.

Like Brad you snatched victory from the jaws of defeat.

I had a similar problem with a uke I built. The original front had weird, wild grain. It sounded strange and then warped badly. I left the neck portion in place and swapped the rest, with the join at the cross brace. It worked perfectly.View attachment 145053
Apart from the tasteful repair, which is visible but understated, that is a really smart looking uke John!

What a wonderful job Brad, it confirms that you walk in the footsteps of the Martin master builders from times gone by.

Top Bottom