Sold Vintage Martin Style 0 with extras

Price
Shipping
Size
Soprano

cogfasser

Reaction score
Price reduced to sell: Vintage Martin Style 0 mahogany soprano in wonderful playing and cosmetic condition. It dates from c. 1943-45. During wartime shortage measures, they temporarily reverted to wooden tuner pegs and iron bar frets. Two original pegs were missing when I initially received it—so I opted to replace them with similar style PegHed 4:1 geared tuners. These tuners work brilliantly—they are light weight, look great, and keep tune perfectly. The Peghed tuner installation and instrument setup was done by Dave Talsma in 2020. Action at 12th fret is 2.5 mm. Comes from a non-smoking home. This ukulele has a loud distinctive Martin vintage sound. Comes with a Gator vintage style deluxe hard case and also a custom soft case. It will include The Martin Ukulele book by Tom Walsh & John King. Also included is a Cooperstand Pro-Mini (see pictures).
  • Inside of sound hole is stamped “C. F. Martin & Co. Nazareth, PA” No stamp on back of peg head.
  • Ebony nut
  • 297 grams in weight
  • Fret marker dots at 5, 7, and 10
As noted with my Barron River tenor for sale, I am selling my (2) ukuleles and retiring from playing. Both are stellar instruments—played and cared for. This ukulele will be double-boxed and shipped CONUS. Any PayPal / Venmo fees will be added to the price. Let me know if you have any questions at all. Thank you.

IMG_7880.JPGIMG_7886.JPGIMG_7882.JPGIMG_7883.JPGIMG_7884.JPG
IMG_7894.JPGIMG_7892.JPGIMG_7891.JPGIMG_7890.JPGIMG_7887.JPGIMG_7885.JPGIMG_7896.JPGIMG_7932.JPGIMG_7936.JPGIMG_7933.JPGIMG_7934.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_7888.JPG
    IMG_7888.JPG
    48.6 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_7893.JPG
    IMG_7893.JPG
    58.7 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:
when one of my wooden tuners disintegrated on my early style 2, I also went with the Peghed tuners. Excellent update from the friction tuners IMO :)

that Martin book is a fun read...especially the first few chapters about the company's beginnings. highly recommended

nice price for a great looking example. GLWS!

Great instrument, upgrade and case! Good luck with the sale

Another price reduction and I've also added in a custom soft case and a Cooperstand Pro-mini to the sale.

Very nice instruments. Out of curiosity, why retiring from playing. Don't mean to pry, so please ignore if sensitive at all.

Very nice instruments. Out of curiosity, why retiring from playing. Don't mean to pry, so please ignore if sensitive at all.
It's bit of a complicated life change for me right now. I do love the joy of playing the ukulele and the journey of learning to play, the history, and the UU community which has been a wonderful experience. It's bittersweet.

Top Bottom