NUCD

rhiggie

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
Okay, so it's not a uke but it is a great uke CASE! I've had it a short while and figured I'd show it off for fellow strummers who've never seen one up close. This is the Ameritage AME-102 Gold Case for tenor ukes. Pretty much their top of the line series and it includes a hygrometer, humidification and dehumidification accessories. Let me start out by saying I think you could drive a tank over this case and your uke would come out on top! But all that protection comes at a cost and in this "case" (pun intended), it's the weight. It easily weighs what 2 other wood hardshell cases would weigh! But when you're "baby" is packed in the back with all the luggage around it, you won't worry a bit. And I think when it's crazy dry out or crazy humid, you can prepare for it by using 1 of the two systems that comes with it. Note the 4 screened "ports", 2 facing up from the storage compartment and 2 facing the body. Nothing will be falling around the case with your uke. My purpose for this case is to use it when traveling with a uke. In most cases it's "protection overkill" but with a really nice uke, now I don't have to take the chance. Of course at the list price of $1061, I would have gone forever without owning one. But when the 75% off deal came up I took the plunge. Cary still has 3 left from the original 10 I believe. Oh and the uke that's in it right now is my (probably one of a kind) Mele carved round back beauty. It always rolled around in normal tenor cases but it's nice and secure in this one.

Attachments

• IMG_1211a.jpg
    IMG_1211a.jpg
    414 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_1212a.jpg
    IMG_1212a.jpg
    364 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_1213.jpg
    IMG_1213.jpg
    999.2 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_1214.jpg
    IMG_1214.jpg
    999.3 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_1215a.jpg
    IMG_1215a.jpg
    562.9 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_1216.jpg
    IMG_1216.jpg
    502.4 KB · Views: 36
Indeed, they're very impressive. Like a vault.

(Impressive ukulele, too.)

If it's not too much trouble, would you mind measuring max L x W x H dimensions? Or can you compare it specifically to Crossrock fiberglass?

Thanks!

If it's not too much trouble, would you mind measuring max L x W x H dimensions? Or can you compare it specifically to Crossrock fiberglass?

Thanks!
This is what the eBay seller sent me when I asked about the interior dimensions. I haven't compared for accuracy.

AMERITAGE MAXIMUM DIMENSIONS WORKSHEET

A = NECK - 10 ⅛”
B = BODY - 12 ½”
C = TOP BOUT - 7 ⅛"
D = BOTTOM BOUT - 9 ¼”
E = DEPTH - 2 ⅞”
F = LENGTH - 27 ¾”

MODEL # PRODUCT DESCRIPTION TYPE MEASURE A B C D E F
AME-102 UKULELE - FITS TENOR MODEL AMERICAN (IN) 10 1/8 12 1/2 7 1/8 9 1/4 2 7/8 27 3/4

Thanks, I didn't say but I actually meant the exterior dimensions! concered about airline overhead space.

Thanks, I didn't say but I actually meant the exterior dimensions! concered about airline overhead space.
Yeah, I thought maybe that was the case (unintended). Mine's stored and not readily accessible, but it appears chunkier than a Crossrock fiberglass, given their molded curves, although overall length, width and height I'd think would be similar. It's the weight that differs significantly.

That's a very handsome case. I have one like it but I got the baritone sized one for my tenor because I like to have a little more wiggle room. I like to keep my strap attached to the uke for convenience and when I put the tenor in the case I tuck the strap along the lower bout. So I need a little space.

I also purchased one of these AME-102 cases.

I’ll take measurements of mine tomorrow and will post my findings here.

I have the Silver model of the Ameritage tenor case and travel by air frequently. Never had a problem fitting it in an overhead locker on a plane.

Thank you very much!

If anyone else is interested in the numbers for comparison, Crossrock fiberglass measures 30.5 x 13 x 5.
My measurements came out 31X12X5.5 (due to arched top) so very close to bacchettadavid

It's a great case.

One word of caution, you probably have kept the strap on your uke for a quick photo. I have had three Nitrocellulose finished ukes develop a uke strap or the lid strap make an impression of the weave into the finish from the pressure of the padding pushing the strap into the uke. Especially if it has a coarse weave to it, as your strap in the photo has.

I take the strap off of my tenors when they are in a case. Except when I use a gig bag to transport it to a jam or gig.

It doesn't take more than a day or two for the impression to happen to the finish.

It's a great case.

One word of caution, you probably have kept the strap on your uke for a quick photo. I have had three Nitrocellulose finished ukes develop a uke strap or the lid strap make an impression of the weave into the finish from the pressure of the padding pushing the strap into the uke. Especially if it has a coarse weave to it, as your strap in the photo has.

I take the strap off of my tenors when they are in a case. Except when I use a gig bag to transport it to a jam or gig.

It doesn't take more than a day or two for the impression to happen to the finish.
Thanks for the tip, now I have to check all my cases/ukes. I have had on nice leather strap actually bleed black from the raw leather side onto the back of a neck so now I make sure nothing is packed in tight!

Top Bottom