Shipping
Free (lower 48)
Size
Tenor

Ukrlover2023

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
I have a one in and one out rule, now. And I heard so much about the Master Series and Oli, well, this beauty is ready for someone else. Truly a joy to play. I’m the second owner and it was from TUS with a full set up of high g and wound C. The standard high g strings are in the Oahu case, labeled, with the truss rod tightener if needed. Case has oasis humidifier and a microfiber cloth.

I’ll clean it up before sending out with Nomad before shipping. Some normal nominal playing marks and a tiny scuff on the bottom, almost like tape was on it - that was from the initial purchase said the first owner - it’s barely noticeable and I used the flash to kind of highlight it but in real life you can’t see it unless looking for it.

PayPal G&S - no fees, just the purchase price.

Kept humidified in a smoke-free home.

Specs:

Solid cedar top

Solid Rosewood back and sides

Ebony faceplate, fingerboard, and bridge

Ebony top and back binding

Slotted Headstock

Radius Fretboard

Rope rosette

Wood purflings

Bone nut and saddle

Sta-tite Gover 18:1 tuning keys

Gloss finish

Measurements

Total Scale Length: 17”/43.18cm

Body Length: 12”/30.48cm

Overall Length: 26.5”/67.31cm

Nut Width: 1.35"/35.05mm

Saddle Width: 2.19”/55.63mm

Lower Bout Width: 9”/22.86cm

Upper Bout Width: 6.5”/16.51cm

Lower Bout Depth: 3.25”/8.26cm

Upper Bout Depth: 2.75”/6.99cm

String Spacing

At Nut: G to C = 8.64mm G to A = 27.5mm

At 12th Fret: G to C = 11.6mm G to A = 36mm

At Saddle: G to C = 14.75mm G to A = 41.5mm

Attachments

• IMG_5630.jpeg
    IMG_5630.jpeg
    89.8 KB · Views: 108
  • IMG_5631.jpeg
    IMG_5631.jpeg
    77.2 KB · Views: 105
  • IMG_5632.jpeg
    IMG_5632.jpeg
    61.3 KB · Views: 93
  • IMG_5633.jpeg
    IMG_5633.jpeg
    61.3 KB · Views: 91
  • IMG_5634.jpeg
    IMG_5634.jpeg
    54.1 KB · Views: 93
  • IMG_5635.jpeg
    IMG_5635.jpeg
    52.6 KB · Views: 97
  • IMG_5636.jpeg
    IMG_5636.jpeg
    51 KB · Views: 103
  • IMG_5637.jpeg
    IMG_5637.jpeg
    125.7 KB · Views: 96
  • IMG_5638.jpeg
    IMG_5638.jpeg
    119.1 KB · Views: 96
  • IMG_5639.jpeg
    IMG_5639.jpeg
    107.9 KB · Views: 89
  • IMG_5640.jpeg
    IMG_5640.jpeg
    143.9 KB · Views: 93
  • IMG_5641.jpeg
    IMG_5641.jpeg
    148.2 KB · Views: 96
  • IMG_5642.jpeg
    IMG_5642.jpeg
    94.5 KB · Views: 94
  • IMG_5643.jpeg
    IMG_5643.jpeg
    81.5 KB · Views: 109
Last edited:
Very nice! I bet it sounds as good as it looks!

Great looking Pono!!!

I'm pretty confused by Pono models right now. I'm guessing this is an older discontinued PC model without the new "lattice bracing"?

If that's correct, the price seems high as Pono reported these as selling with greatly reduced prices.

I'm pretty confused by Pono models right now. I'm guessing this is an older discontinued PC model without the new "lattice bracing"?

If that's correct, the price seems high as Pono reported these as selling with greatly reduced prices.
Yeah, thanks for the feedback. My understanding of what’s going on with Pono is that they have gotten rid of the Pro Classic and not replaced it with the Master Series, rather, they are replacing it with “more affordable. We named it ‘Oihana, defined as “professional” Because it’s just as professional as the Pro Classic, but less fancy” of the many changes they do not have binding on both sides just the top. They are more ‘down market’. The only remaining of these Pro Classics were at TUS, and no more so it’s just the secondary market.

There are Master Series that TUS had exclusively and, I believe, there is only one left selling for roughly $1000 at a significant discount to make room for the Oli’s that start at a much higher price point. There may be some designed Master Series with lattice bracing starting in 2025 but not the same as the exclusive to TUS that were out recently.

So the Pono Pro Classics are only on the secondary market and fit a specific niche themselves as above the Oihana and Kalele but well under Oli, unclear about the new Master Series lattice brace right now that is a gap in the market as well. I know from several UU posts that people really enjoy this build and how it plays, I do too. I know the exact same model is on Guitar Center presently, priced higher, but not readily available anymore. However, I do want someone to love it as much as I have the last 2 months. I’m open to offers and I’ll throw in free shipping. Likely, I’ll drop the price at some time but it’s not more than I paid for it second hand recently, especially without fees and taxes.

Last edited:

I'm pretty confused why you feel the need to express your uniformed opinion about the price point of this uke!

The seller appears to have paid around $1000 for it two months ago. By the time they pay shipping costs and fees, they will be lucky to get $760 back.

Best of luck with sale Ukrlover2023! This is my favorite wood combo from Pono!

This is a very good uke in very good condition at a very good price. The rosewood and cedar on this one are especially nice.

For the aspiring chord-melodist or accompanist, this is a well-constructed, well-appointed instrument and a reliable step up from the usual solid-top imports. Each example I have played has exhibited a round, clear tone and possessed a complex, expressive voice that sustains well. They aren't the loudest ukes around, sure, but there's more to good tone than raw output, and these really do sound great.

GLWS @Ukrlover2023 . This is a nice one!

I just bought an awesome Kamaka HP-1 from Ukrlover at a great price, packaged great, arrived super quick (even a day early). The whole process was smooth. Ukrlover was a pleasure to do business with. If this uke is for you, don't hesitate.

Beautiful Rosewood. Love the slotted headstock. Cedar top and redwood is a lovely, warm sounding Pono tenor. (Mine was a cedar/ebony Pono.)

Top Bottom