Recommendations for tuning keys for Concert with black knob

timmit65

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm looking for recommendations for tuning keys for Concert with black knob. I need to upgrade the keys on my Breedlove Concert. I have already upgraded them slightly, but they're not as precise as I need for recording. Any recommendations would be appreciated!

Thanks,
Tim

Actually the tuners on those Breedlove guitars are different, closed tuners; the ones on their recent ukes are like generic versions of open Grovers. Looking at the signature, we're talking about a recent Breedlove Pursuit.

Usually I hear "precise" in reference to gear ratios, since higher ratios mean the strings can be tightened/loosened in smaller increments. I don't know the exact ratio for the stock tuners, but I would guess they're maybe 1:14?

Those Waverlys are nice, and at 1:16 probably more precise than the stock tuners, but they're also somewhere between a third to half the cost of the Breedlove (depending on which Pursuit model it is).

Almost as expensive with a 1:18 ratio are Gotoh stealth tuners.

But I'm curious if you really need something with a higher ratio or you're just looking for a better quality tuning machine. If you just want something better, and without spending so much, maybe a higher end Grover or decent Gotoh will do. Actually, if you can find some Der Jung tuners, they're good quality for the cost.

Top Bottom