Uke Jam/Club Stratford-Upon-Avon camping weekend (West Midlands UK)

John Colter

It ain't what you've got, it's what you do with it
UU VIP
Reaction score
In 2021 and 2022 a group of ukulele enthusiasts, who know each other through the 'Ukulele Cosmos' forum, have met towards the end of July for a weekend of camping and self entertainment. The venue is Stratford Gliding Club at their airfield near Snitterfield. The airfield toilet facilities and showers are of a high standard and the camping charge is very reasonable. Electric hook-up is available. This is organised (too strong a word perhaps...let's say pulled together) by Prof Chris who is well known on these pages.

It is due to happen again this year on the weekend of 21/23 July. We usually arrive on the Friday night and stay for two nights. There is usually at least one communal meal and there will be sporadic outbreaks of singing and playing. Glider flights can be arranged, weather permitting. The local pub is excellent. We are a small but friendly bunch; probably about a dozen souls, tops. If anybody would like to join us, you would be more than welcome.

bump for Brits. I wonder how many UK people populate (well, furtively sneak around) the Underground. I'm sure it used to have a UK section at one time?

The weekend was bloody awful - weather wise. From Friday evening to Sunday morning, when we weren't being lashed by heavy rain, it was merely drizzling. The rain abated long enough on Sunday morning to permit us to get our camping gear packed away, then started again.

Fortunately our hosts, the Stratford Gliding Club, allowed us to use their clubroom and its kitchen. This enabled the twelve of us to have a good time.

It dampened more than my enthusiasm but I'm game to do it all again, next year.

Top Bottom