Acquired Tenor/Baritone Ukulele - San Francisco Bay Area

Price
Shipping
Depends
Size
Tenor, Baritone

Razorbill

Reaction score
I am visiting the SF Bay Area from the UK this week and was hoping to take advantage of being here and pick up a ukulele during my trip.

I’m a guitar player wanting to start playing, and as such am new on here. Happy to provide references etc. from other forums

My budget is up to $2k, ideally less. Of the mindset to buy the best I can afford.

Please get in touch if you have something that may work. I’m willing to drive a reasonable distance, open to shipping but given my short trip would prefer something local

You can check out Gryphon Stringed Instruments in Palo Alto. They've got a sweet little John S. Kinnard tenor I'd love to buy if I had the money. https://www.gryphonstrings.com/coll...innard-series-2-koa-cedar-tenor-ukulele-used#

Ukulele Source is also located in San Jose but I don't know what their inventory looks like because they don't list it on their website; however I know they're a Kamaka, Koaloha, and Kanile'a dealer.

Sylvan Music has a couple ukes, too.

You can check out Gryphon Stringed Instruments in Palo Alto. They've got a sweet little John S. Kinnard tenor I'd love to buy if I had the money. https://www.gryphonstrings.com/coll...innard-series-2-koa-cedar-tenor-ukulele-used#

Ukulele Source is also located in San Jose but I don't know what their inventory looks like because they don't list it on their website; however I know they're a Kamaka, Koaloha, and Kanile'a dealer.

Sylvan Music has a couple ukes, too.
Depending on your location, the drive to Sylvan may not be worth it, if you're staying in The Bay.

If you visit Ukulele Source, I'd recommend calling first, just to be sure they're open... just to be safe. I've driven a couple times when visiting and found a note on the door saying they're closed for the day.

But in all honesty, that Kinnard is it!! Get a refund on your hotel for 2 days and sleep in your car to make up for that extra $400+!!

If you wanna stay under budget, they also have a Kamaka long neck concert and a cedar Kanile'a concert... obviously doesn't meet your Tenor spec, but high quality ukes with bigger tone than your run of the mill concerts, I'm sure.

I'm visiting The Bay currently too and will definitely make my way to Gryphon to tickle the ukes. No purchases for me tho!! Gotta stay strong!!!

Thanks for all the replies so far!

The owners of Ukulele Source are on holiday until I get back (nonetheless appreciate their quick reply to my email to let me know).

The Kinnard does seem to be just what I’m looking for…

Thanks for all the replies so far!

The owners of Ukulele Source are on holiday until I get back (nonetheless appreciate their quick reply to my email to let me know).

The Kinnard does seem to be just what I’m looking for…
I noticed that the Kinnard is no longer on their website. You gonna surprise us with a NUD!? 🤔

YESSS!!! Congrats!! I am kinda selfishly bummed coz I'm visiting The Bay and was gonna go try it out. UAS is a true affliction!!!

Top Bottom