Tiki Ukulele From Timberidge

AussieUku

Reaction score
Hi all, just a short review from me what I think of my Tiki uke.

Ok I the first thing I must say about my uke is that I love it, I have only being playing the ukulele for only about five months and this uke is my third one and the best one.

My Tiki uke is concent size and has a solid wood top made with Koa and sides and back is Koa as well.

It is not the loudest uke around but has that nice warm sound to it not to harsh, all my playing so far is strumming not finger picking as yet so for playing slow songs like ballads my uke is perfect but in saying this it can be played hard and does sound good but as I said there are louder ukes out there.

The action feels great nice and low but not low enough to make the strings buzz, set up feels good enough for me to strum the different cords with no trouble also this uke also came with good strings fitted so I see no need to change anything on it.

My uke also has a Belcat bulit in pick up with a 2-band preamp and tuner, I have ran it thought a few amps that friends own and it sounds great I am trying to save some dollars myself to get a good amp.

Now to the best part, I have a quality built concent ukulele made from Koa wood, with built in pick up and also came with a hard case and I bought this uke new for the price of $270 Australian dollars and yes I did get a small discount on it because I have bought a few instruments from this music store in the past, so very happy.

So would I recommend a Tiki uke the answer is yes and I already have and one person that I know have has bought one on what I told them and a friend that has played my uke and a far better player than I am is going to buy one but he is going to get the Tenor size.

Just to finish up we all would like top quality uke's that are made in Hawaii from the well known makers but the truth is that most of those uke's are out of our price range (you can almost double the prices here in Australia for a top quality Hawaiian uke) so I will be keeping my Tiki and enjoying it every time a play it they are great ukuleles.

Last edited:
Sounds like a great Uke! How about some pictures and a sound sample?

Scooter

Congrats! Sounds like you found a concert size uke that is making you happy! Enjoy!

Top Bottom